Thread: What is new in Catalyst Control Center 11.3

What is new in Catalyst Control Center 11.3

The Catalyst Control Center 11.3 is out and some users are asking for an upgrade for the same. What is new provided in the same. Still today I had not upgrade the version of Catalyst control center. The issue is stability. Most of the time after an update there is lots of bugs found in the dual monitor support. Then it is really very hard to setup all things back again. Again you have to downgrade and do other stuff. I found that this version is also quiet stable and better. I just need the fix provided in this so that I can determine that the update will be helpful.

Re: What is new in Catalyst Control Center 11.3

This were released some time before and there are definitely things fixed in the same. This update is provided to correct certain shortcomings. In this you get an default activation of OpenCL so that you get an additional support for more games and other videos. Moreover, this edition of drivers provides you the opportunity to solve some technical problems such as loss of some frames while playing a Blu-ray 3D, the absence of the optional anti-aliasing 8x in some OpenGL games or a lack of performance when playing 720p WMV videos in Windows 7.

If you have Windows Vista then you get an additional opportunity to install the second test release of Catalyst 11.4. So you get an additional version with better support and features and here you do not need to worry about the compatibility and other stuff. It found that after adding the update there is a significant improvement in the game performance. I had tested the same for Call of Duty: Black Ops, Civilization V or Left 4 Dead 2 which are very much improved due to the new features of Catalyst Control Center.

This version is designed for newly issued fixed and mobile configurations running Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. You do need to worry about the errors. Just upgrade your control center and get benefits from the new added features. I am not sure till yet there might some much higher version released for the coming work. But this update is really beneficial for the newer games as you get much addition graphic emulating capacities in the same.

That is right, I too heard that AMD announced for default enabling the parallel processing technology OpenCL. It will surely significantly accelerate the applications that will benefit a great from that. And till today whatever bugs were found in the control center were corrected by the same. Normally the same works with most of the operating systems. For example if you are using Radeon HD 6990 with SLi support you might have notice sudden crash of games on Windows XP

This updates are must for those who are using around 4 GPUs of Radeon HD 6990 on Sli or similar. There were some malfunctioning of tools that does not work properly. A non-use of hardware acceleration also cause various issues before which is mostly fixed here. You just does not get a game support but also this removes your worries for rendering high-definition video of the YouTube platform and a problem of anti-aliasing in Medal Of Honor.