Thread: Assign name and date to multiple pictures in Windows

Assign name and date to multiple pictures in Windows

What is an better to get an a large number of pictures renamed at once. I have some 1000 photos in which I have to insert date and name. I cannot do that just by right clicking and renaming them again and again. This is really and hectic job to rename those 1000 of pictures and will consume a very long time also. I am looking for some free and easy to use tool that can sort my issue. I do not need any kind of picture manager or tool that will need to pay. I know there are number of tools but I suggest need some good ones from them. Thanks.

Re: Assign name and date to multiple pictures in Windows

Here is a best and easy way for that. If you are using Windows then you will have Microsoft Picture Manager in that. It is in Microsoft Office > Office Tools. Open the application and in that you can see at the top different types of view selection. Choose the first one a four square box. The same is also found in View > Thumbnails. Then you can see all your pictures under a single windows. Then press ctrl + a and then on the right side and click on rename. This will let you to give you name in sequence like ABC0001.

In Windows XP and in later versions of Windows, it is possible to rename multiple files at once. This can be done via Windows Explorer. In that you just need to select the files to rename and then press the F2 key. All done and all files are renamed at once only. It is sufficient to give a new name and press Enter. All files will be renamed and then followed by an incremented number in the main file. There are some other tools also that you can use. Just look for batch renamer tools.

I know one easy tool for that. It is called as Ant Renamer. This tools lets you to rename as many files and folders within some clicks. But it just does not ends at renaming files. You can also change extensions of the file by that tool. You can also insert a string in the files. You can move different characters in then name and also possible to remove several characters. For music file you can start creating names from the tags MP3. And the one which you are looking for, you can create from the date and time of file modification and even generate random names.

Just go and download Lupas Rename. This tools offers you file renaming with some of the most interesting features. You can simply rename files in recursive sub directories. The tool also had an integration gif shell in the right-click a folder. You can simply use a simple method of finding and replacing the name at once. The one which you use in Microsoft Word to replace a large number of words at once only. Normally we cannot insert characters in name, but the same is possibly using the tool. The best thing I enjoy about this is that you can simply lowercase all the uppercase name at once.

If you are looking for an very basic tool then The Rename is the best one according to me. It offers you support for renaming ample of files with an similar name. You can rename the same with an series. The thing which is not provided in other tools it that you can rename the files with different heights and widths. Sometime a large number of files has lots of spaces in between and this leds to remove the same. It also support a long name file. A similar tool for the same purpose is Metamorphosis. It is a free software for batch processing.