Thread: Is there an alternative to the Creative Centrale software?

Is there an alternative to the Creative Centrale software?

The reason I ask is because I'm really struggling using it. I can rip CDs to the player no problem, but find it well nigh impossible to add music already on my PC to the transfer list. Plus it seems to take an age to load up and see what's on the player, whereas old Creative Jukebox software which my previous player ran with was quick and so easy to use. Can anyone help me out or give me advice on Centrale that I may be missing? I've tried using Windows Media Player but find that doesn't work properly either, so it appears the only thing I can do is cut and paste music using Explorer which seems cack-handed and clumsy.

Re: Is there an alternative to the Creative Centrale software?

What player do you have & what OS are you using? Is your computer Xp, Vista, or Win7? Version of Windows Media Player installed on your computer as well? Well there are other applications you can use. MediaMonkey is one. Windows Media Player 11 which is already on the computer as well. What is it about WMP11 that you have trouble with?? It is what I use for a lot of my players.

Sorry, I should have said - it's a Creative XFi but I don't know how to find out what version of Windows I'm using or the software! Sorry for being even worse than useless. I just can't see how to transfer the music across from my computer to my player. I know I am missing something obvious! Ripping CDs to the player is not a problem. I'm still struggling with it so I'll give that a whirl. What a shame they changed from the old software I had with my ancient Zen which was so easy to use!

Centrale is an absolutely worthless program doesn’t even bother using it. To transfer your files onto your Zen, all you have to do is:
    1. Put your files to be transferred into a folder any folder then open that folder.
    2. Dock your Zen (jeez, that sounds dirty)
    3. Go to "my computer" and click on the "my zen" icon.
    4. Then simply copy and paste your files from your folder onto your Zen...works every time.

Thank you, I'm still struggling with it so I'll give that a whirl. What a shame they changed from the old software I had with my ancient Zen which was so easy to use! On the old Creative software i was able to back up to my PC. I can't see how to do this on creative centrale - can anyone help? I keep my music on a separate hard drive and need to back my player up. Thanks!