Thread: Unable to print from Microsoft Word file

Unable to print from Microsoft Word file

I am running Windows Vista in my computer. I had installed Microsoft office 2007 and had been using it from long time. I have connected HP Officejet Pro printers to my computer for printing photos and documents. But from yesterday I have been facing this problem. I am unable to take printout from my word program. It shows that the printer is working. Even the sheet goes in for printing but it comes out blank. I am unable to find out what would be the problem. Anybody with solution, please help me.

Re: Unable to print from Microsoft Word file

You should first scan your complete system to detect whether your systems are being attacked with virus recently or not. Also keep your Antivirus updated to protect your system from further virus attacks. You should also check out whether your drivers for printers are properly installed or not. Check for the latest drivers on Internet, download it and install it in your system. Remember to restart your system whenever it is prompted. Check whether the problem exist even after the restart.

Thanks for the quick post. I appreciate it but unfortunately it did not help me in any ways. I am still having the same problem. I always have this habit of updating my antivirus and performing complete system scan. I performed it yesterday and today but luckily did not find anything. I even checked for updates on internet but did not find anything. Either the file was corrupt or it was resending me to various other links which was really annoying. I am totally frustrated with this now. Please if anyone has got any suggestion then please reply to my thread and help me out.

You should check whether your HP Officejet Pro is set as the default printer or not.
    For setting up the default printer, follow these steps;
    • Go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers.
    • Right-click on the printer you want to set as your default printer, in your case it will be HP Officejet Pro.
    • Click “Set as Default Printer” by right clicking in the icon. When you set it as your default printer, you will see a check mark near the printer icon.
    • Now check if you able to print through MS Word.
    • If yes, then update your printer’s driver.

Before trying anything, I would suggest you to check whether the problem exists only when you try printing MS Word files or with other files and photo also. If the problem is with every files then you should probably check whether your printers INK has drained up or you have enough ink to print documents. It might be possible that your ink must have got over and that is why you are not able to perform printing. If the ink has drained up then remove the empty cartridge and install a new one. After you have done replacing the old cartridge with the new one, try to print the document.

You should probably check whether able perform printing of word documents by using some other printer. If you are able to then it’s for sure there were some installation issues. You should perform following steps to first remover and then reinstall your printer’s driver.
    • Make sure that you quit all the Windows Programs which were running.
    • Go to the following path to start Printers:
    • For Windows XP: Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers.
    • For Windows Vista: Start > Settings > Printers.
    • Right click the installed default Printer and delete it. Click Yes to confirm deleting the printer setup from your system.
    • Refresh your Windows and repeat step 1.
    • In the printers folder Click on “Add new Printer” button to install new printer in your system.
    • Follow the steps in the Add Printer Driver Wizard window to add Printer.