Thread: Cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened - error message

Cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened - error message

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and I have also using the MS outlook on mine system. Mine system works perfectly and i have updated mine operating system on mine system but I have l small issue on mine outlook. From last week mine system won’t open the outlook and it gives error saying that: “cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened”. Now I don’t how to solve this can anyone solves this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened - error message

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. Generally you get this error if you didn’t update your outlook. So I would like to suggest you to update your outlook and after that go through your issue. To do this go to some official site and after that download the latest updates and after that install it on your system. After that go through your issue, I hope this will help you.

Re: Cannot open your default email folders. Information store could not be opened - error message

I would like to suggest following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through following steps and after that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the search program. Now under the search program type: outlook.exe /safe and after that make hit on the ok button. Now on the result page open the outlook and after that go through your issue. I think this will help you lot.

I have faced the same issue and I would like to suggest you to reset the dat files and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go to the windows explorer and after that go through following location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\. Now on the outlook folder make search for the extend.dat and after that reset extend.dat to .old. Once you complete this then go to the windows explorer and after that go to the following location: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\ and after that make search for the outcmd.dat and then customize to .old and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and after that you can solve your issue to do this go to the follow steps and ten go through your issue. First close all the application and after that make hit on the run and under run program type: outlook.exe /resetnavpane and after that make hit on the ok button. Once you complete these steps and after that restart your system and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to suggest you to uninstall the outlook and after that reinstall the latest outlook and then go through your issue. First you need to uninstall the outlook to do this go to the start and after that make hit on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the add/remove program and under that select your product that you want to uninstall and after that uninstall. Once you finish the uninstall then restart your system and after that reinstall the new latest outlook and after that go through your issue.

Hi, I am also suffering this problem which is a real pain for me.

I have MS Outlook 2007 installed on Win 7 64-Bit and I'm using Google Apps Sync.

I have tried a lot of of the suggestions on here to no avail.

Can anyone help???????????????????

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by mccoubd View Post
    Hi, I am also suffering this problem which is a real pain for me.

I have MS Outlook 2007 installed on Win 7 64-Bit and I'm using Google Apps Sync.

I have tried a lot of of the suggestions on here to no avail.
    Have you tried to delete the Windows Profile of the problematic domain user and recreate it, then test this issue again. You should also try to configure OL profile on some other XP or Vista machines with OL2007 or 2003? Can you access your emails on OWA?? Are you connected on your office network or you are connected thrugh RPC over Https.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Have you tried to delete the Windows Profile of the problematic domain user and recreate it, then test this issue again. You should also try to configure OL profile on some other XP or Vista machines with OL2007 or 2003? Can you access your emails on OWA?? Are you connected on your office network or you are connected thrugh RPC over Https.
    Thanks for the reply.

I am not on a domain or at least I don't believe I am as I am not on a network as it's just little ole me on my home/business laptop.

I have not tried to delete the Windows profile and do not really want to do that as I have other programs and settings installed that I would be frightened of losing.

I use Outlook with Google Apps sync for business so can get my emails on Gmail but much prefer to use Outlook.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mccoubd View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I am not on a domain or at least I don't believe I am as I am not on a network as it's just little ole me on my home/business laptop.

I have not tried to delete the Windows profile and do not really want to do that as I have other programs and settings installed that I would be frightened of losing.

I use Outlook with Google Apps sync for business so can get my emails on Gmail but much prefer to use Outlook.
    Even, I had the same issue and resolved it by removing my corrupted profile not in Microsoft Outlook, but in the Windows control panel: Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles… > Remove the corrupted profile. Hope that helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by spearMan View Post
    Even, I had the same issue and resolved it by removing my corrupted profile not in Microsoft Outlook, but in the Windows control panel: Start > Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles… > Remove the corrupted profile. Hope that helps you out.
    What would you suggest I do if I only have one profile?

I am very concerned at the prospect of losing all of my outlook data if I remove this one profile.

Can anyone advise on the steps on how to create a new profile and transferring the data from my old to my new one?

Many thanks in advance.