Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unwanted Microsoft folder gets opened up but not Microsoft Security Essential

Windows Software

Old 15-04-2011

Unwanted Microsoft folder gets opened up but not Microsoft Security Essential

Hello everyone I am facing this problem from quite sometime. Well the problem is that a unwanted folder named C:\Program Files\Microsoft does gets opened at the startup due to which the Microsoft Security Essential does not gets started at all. Now thatís really frustrating, on checking with the registry keys I found out that the entry for the files entry was made hidden, it seems that C:\Program Files\Microsoft comes in the path of opening up the Microsoft Security Essential. So what is your take on this problem.

Old 15-04-2011

Re: Unwanted Microsoft folder gets opened up but not Microsoft Security Essential

See in such situation go to the registry and from there go to the following location that I have suggested you here HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software/ Microsoft/ Windows / CurrentVersion/ Run, make sure that you put this registry locations in the double quotes and after that change the value after run whatever value might be having. So that much you can try right now and see if that is working or not. In case if this solution works for you then do not forget to let me know about that.
Old 15-04-2011

Re: Unwanted Microsoft folder gets opened up but not Microsoft Security Essential

Even I would like to suggest something here. A few days ago one of my friends had the same problem and so in such situation what he did was that he went to the source location of Microsoft security essential i.e C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe the only mistake there was that he had not put the location in the double quotes. So a simple double quotes did fix the problem. So that’s what he had to do, so I suggest you to have a look the location that you found, see if that was put in the double quotes or not.
Old 15-04-2011

Check if you are having the latest version of the Microsoft security essential. See if you are having the 1.0.1611.0 or anything later version then that. If you donít have any of the versions that I have suggested you I would advise you to upgrade to the latest version of the Microsoft security essential and I am sure that would be of great help for you. See this problems dopes occur if you donít have the latest version of the security essential.
Old 18-04-2011

Wow you are a true genius let me tell you that your solution did actually worked out with me and I am happy that I did get the solutions. i did not knew that adding a simple double quote will help me a lot to such extent. So thanks for rectifying my mistake and i am happy that your suggestions did help me a lot. So again thanks a lot for that. in case if i face any other problem i will make sure that i will ask it here only.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,