Thread: How to View contacts on Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac

How to View contacts on Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac

I have just downloaded and installed Blackberry Desktop Manager to my Mac. It appeared it synched up the mobile phone to the manager just very well. I have chosen the two-way preference for my Contacts. However I can't appear to discover whichever support otherwise assist like to how I can outlook the synched up/backed up contacts. Can anybody suggest support by means of this?

Re: How to View contacts on Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac

I have heard that the older version of Blackberry Desktop Manager which you are using Mac does not capable to sync the contacts. It might have backed up other information or data from the phone but it might not back up the contacts from your phone. If this is the case then you cannot view any of the contacts in Blackberry Desktop Manager. So you have to make sure that whether the desktop manager have really synced up the contacts from your blackberry or not.

As far as I know that the backed up data or any kind of information from the blackberry device by the use of Blackberry Desktop Manager will store as separate file. This file contents cannot be viewed directly from the manager on Mac. This file is only meant for restoration to the device again. Other than this you cannot do anything with this file. However if you really want to see the contacts inside your phone you should stay connected with Blackberry Desktop Manager otherwise with Mac using the USB cable or wirelessly.

The Blackberry Desktop Manager will successfully perform the backup process or synchronization process with Mac from your Blackberry device. There is no doubt about that thing. However the only problem is the Desktop manager stores the data in the format of .ipd file. This file format is only obtainable and used for the restoration purpose only. You can retrieve the data directly from this file. It is not a type file which you can open and read on your computer or Mac.

If you are using the Windows computer then there might be option to view the contents of the backed up file in Blackberry Desktop Manager. In windows you will get a option to open the file with different programs or applications which is suitable to view the data in it. However in your situation you are using the Mac. So there will not be any other option to view the file. The Mac OS will open the file in its default. If you really want to view the contacts then you need to download the special application.

i just had to outline this out on my mac. My blackberry storm lastly busted totally, therefore i backed it up, except couldn’t understand how to unlock the .bbb files. After several search on Google I have finally able to find the solution of this issue. You might have heard about the Microsoft Office Pack for Mac OS X. You have to download and install this office tool in your Mac. This is because the .bbb file or .ipd file will properly open in Microsoft Excel.