Thread: Old QuickTime 7 movies are not played on QuickTime 10

Old QuickTime 7 movies are not played on QuickTime 10

Well I am facing an unusual problem on the system that I am working on. Actually the thing here is that my Quicktime player 10 is not playing the .mov video files. And all the movies which I am trying to play were already played in QuickTime 7 but not doing well in the updated version. Now I really don’t know why this is happening and how I can solve this issue so please let me know what are the possible measures that can be taken to get rid of this on. Please help.

Re: Old QuickTime 7 movies are not played on QuickTime 10

Open the Media Player, go to the Tools menu - Options. These select "File Format". Now you uncheck the box "video file .mov. Closing the media player and start it again. Now you go back to the same menu and activate "the video file .mov" again. Now you get all its data allowed back in the MPG Media Player. The Quick Time is horrible and terribly aggressive bad. Apple should think about how many Windows users so that they only call on the scene, never to use Apple computers.

The first thing that I want to tell you here is that the up-gradation which you done on your system is not the appropriate one and that is the reason why you are getting this issues. So now what I want you to do here is that just uninstall the QuickTime 10 from your system and then try and find the updated version of the same and download it and then get the installation done. I am sure that doing the appropriate installation will surely help you to solve the issue here.

There may be a possibility that the files that you are trying to play must have got corrupted and so you are unable to play then on your system. I am sure that uninstalling the files I mean removing the files from the system or scanning them under any updated antivirus will help your cause here. I hope that if there are any issues related with the files then they will surely be solved. I am sure that this will help you to get rid of the problem.

I have the following problem. In the holidays I got my new Sony cam used with AVCHD format. The first recordings I have manually copied to the Mac and deleted on the Cam The resulting files can .MTS Created with the ending I can not open with QT, or import into iMovie. But I found the program "VoltaicHD and the files back into. Mov converted. The original format was HD 1440 x 1080 in 16:9 format. Quick Time 10 shows me the videos in 16:9 but not about 4:3 (compressed) to. Quicktime 7 on the other hand, it shows correctly in 16:9 format. Why can not the QT 10 I do not understand. There is also nothing to adjust. Since I own the 7 Pro, I need the 10 not really. I would, therefore, that all. Mov files open with QT 7, unfortunately I get the SL to not go. Under File Info QT 7 is not available but can add manually only and does not extend to all file types. Does anyone know why not, or how to do that?