Thread: Unable to restore theme using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Unable to restore theme using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Well I am a big user of the Blackberry handsets. Recently I have restored the phone of mine by mistakenly. But I have found that I was unable to restore the theme which I have been purchased a month ago. I tried lots of thing but each and every efforts of mine was really fruitless. Let me know if you are having any solution to solve the problem of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to restore theme using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

I am suggesting following instruction which you can restore the backup on the Blackberry handset of yours.
    • You should plug Blackberry device with the computer.
    • Now launch the Blackberry desktop manager on the computer.
    • Click on the Backup and Restore from the same.
    • In order to all the data of the device you need to click on the Restore and simply double click on the .ipd backup file.
    • After finishing the process you should disconnect the device with the computer of yours.

I know some useful steps which you can use to restore the specific database on the Blackberry Smartphone.
    • Launch the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    • Click on the Backup and Restore.
    • Finally click on the Advanced button. From the File menu you need to click on the Open and simply double click on the .ipd file.
    • From the Computer database section you need choose the database which you are looking to restore.
    • You need to click on the Yes button when it is prompted to continue the process.

When I tried to do restore the theme on the phone of mine I got ‘Transfer could not be completed because the desktop and device software are not compatible’ error message on the screen. After quick googling I have found that this particular thing was occurring because of updating the BlackBerry Device software without updating the BlackBerry Device Software. In order to solve the matter I need to update the BlackBerry Device Software with using the Application loader tool of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

I want to tell you some useful tips which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well you need see that the phone of your is having enough memory so that you can restore the backup on the same. It is possible that the memory which is being displayed on the database file on the Desktop File Database section might differ from the amount which is needed to restore the thing on the Blackberry phone of yours.

You can use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to synchronize the data such as contacts, Calendars and memos between the BlackBerry device and email application on the computer of yours. In case the wireless data synchronization is available on the device you can simply synchronize the organizer data through the wireless networks. In case it is not available on the device of yours then it means that it is turned off on the phone.

In order to synchronize and organizer data you need to set up the organizer data synchronization on the device of yours. if you are looking to synchronize the third party application data then you need to see that you have set up the third party application synchronization on the device of yours. I am hoping that the tips which I have provided above would be useful when you are looking to do synchronize the above mentioned thing.