Thread: How to set Keystore Password on Blackberry Desktop Manager?

How to set Keystore Password on Blackberry Desktop Manager?

Well I have recently purchased the BlackBerry handset. I am getting an issue when I am connecting the handset of mine with BlackBerry Desktop Manger which I have installed on the laptop of mine. I have already tried with the all the passwords which I was knowing but it did not seem to help me out any more. Let me know if you having any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to set Keystore Password on Blackberry Desktop Manager?

I am asking couple of key questions which you should answer so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem in the situation of yours. Also I can suggest the possible solution which you can apply to fix the matter of yours. Do you have set up any password on the device which you were using to unlock the handset of yours? have you ever faced an issue when you are trying to entering the password on the device of yours?

First of all I am suggesting that you should try to reset the login fail count. In order to do the same you need disconnect your computer and the handset of yours. now again you should try to unlock the same. The above mentioned thing will reset the count so that if you fail to enter the password then it will not wipe the device of yours. this kind of situation normally occurs when you mix up between the numbers and the letters which you have used to set the password.

Well I am not sure that the thing which I am going to mentioned over here would be helpful to you but according to me it is worth to try. You need to go for Key Store settings. In order to get the Key Store you need to go for Settings where you need to choose Options and go for Security Options and finally search for the Key Stores. It will give you a prompt to enter confirm key store password. So try the above mentioned thing an let me know whether it helped you or not.

I am suggesting the following thing which you can use to solve the problem of yours. you need to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager. First of all you should back up all the data which you have stored on the handset of yours. Now you should wipe the device by simply connecting the device with the Desktop Manager which you have installed on the computer and also it will prompt for the passkey which you should enter and it would be stored into pass key store.

I am sorry to say but there is no particular work around is available to fix the problem of yours. if you have entered the password correctly on the device then only you would be able to reset the password attempts which you have already done. In case it is your last attempt to enter the password then I don’t think so it would be good thing. As far as I know the password for BlackBerry is totally impenetrable.