Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 is re-installing on opening words, Excel

Microsoft Office 2007 is re-installing on opening words, Excel

I am running Windows Vista in my computer. I have been using Microsoft Office 2007 from a year now. All this year it was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Now it has started with this weird problem. Every time I try to open Words, Excel or any other Office files, Microsoft Office 2007 prompts for re-installation and closes. I am unable to rectify what must be causing the problem. If anyone has got solutions then please help me. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 is re-installing on opening words, Excel

As the problem started from last few days, there are chances that your system must have been under Virus attack. Your antivirus must not have been updated, or you must have not performed complete system scan from a very long time, or you must have turned your antivirus off. There could be any reason behind your system getting attacked by virus. I would suggest you to install the latest version of any antivirus or update your current antivirus and then perform complete system scan to detect if any virus exist in your system or not. If you are detecting any then get rid of that as soon as possible, before it corrupts other files.

The Microsoft Office 2007 was working perfectly fine till yesterday and the problem started by today morning only. You should perform system restore to get rid of the problem. Unknowingly you must have installed something either by windows update or something else which must be hampering the normal working of your Office 2007. You can perform system restore by following these steps:
    • Got to Start menu and select All programs.
    • Choose Accessories and then System Tools.
    • Select the date you wish to roll back your system into.
    • Click next. Now the rest will be performed by the system itself.
    • Restart your system when it is prompted.

You should uninstall the Microsoft Office 2007 from your system and then try to install it again. Make sure that you delete all the files related to Microsoft Office from your system. You can use third party software to remove all the unnecessary files from your system. You can search for the same on Internet. One such software is CCleaner. You can search for it on Internet and download the setup file from it official website to avoid any problems. Run as Administrator when you are installing or uninstalling any application from your system. CCleaner will probably help you remove all the unnecessary files and link. Once you done removing all the related files, reinstall a fresh setup of Microsoft office 2007.

It seems like it is not just me who went through this problem. I also faced this problem in past and the only solution I found working for me was degrading my Operating System form Windows 7 to Windows XP SP3. I uninstalled all the files related to Microsoft Office 2007, reinstalled Windows XP SP3 and installed Microsoft Office 2007 in Windows XP SP3. And it is working perfectly fine in it. It seems like there were problems with windows 7 only. Or if you find it painful to do what I did you should try to switch off the UAC (User Account Control) and test whether the problem still exists or not. To do that do the following:
    • Go to Control Panel
    • Select User Accounts
    • Turn Off the User Account Control.
    • Check if your problem is solved or not.

It appears to be some registry permissions problem. It is known that the Office changes are responsible for changing certain access permissions to some registry folders. They do this to avoid any changes done by any PC user or the system itself. This changes block access to office folders thus making it merely impossible for normal user to repair the registry or to rest the permissions. You should try the following solution and check whether the problem gets solved or not.
    • Completely remove Office and all the files related to it from your system. And if you are not sure how to do this then you should try to perform System Restore to a previous date without Office.
    • Make sure you have disabled or removed any Antivirus software because sometimes they also hamper the functioning of few programs.
    • Restart your system into and perform a repair install with the help of your Windows OS CD/DVD. Also make sure you install the same version of OS which was installed before and you have the license key. If you have performed any Windows updates then they will be lost in this process.
    • Enter your License key when it is prompted and reactivate your Windows.
    • Finally install the Microsoft Office and other softwares