Thread: Does Intel Driver Updates Utility is important

Does Intel Driver Updates Utility is important

I had some issue with an Intel's Driver Update Utility. I need some help with same. I got a error with an relevant update and I canceled the same. Now there is a kind of doubt in my mind that does this is really a necessary utility. I had check my system and I found a small update software in the start menu. I removed the same. Does this was necessary. What is this utility and what it does. I need help with an basic overview of the same. I am surely not going to miss any kind of critical update for future. I had had disc of all the drivers that I already have with me.

Re: Does Intel Driver Updates Utility is important

It is not a major update. It is just an small driver update utility that scans your system and downloads appropriate drivers from the intels download center. You can do the same manually also. The utility is designed to keep your system up to date with the drivers. The manufacturer released a driver update version after some time interval. The same is need for a proper functioning of your system. The utility is just an automated server which does that work quiet easily with an next and next support. You does not need to worry about the same. It does not collect any private system information.

It is not any major update just an small tool to update your systems drivers from time to time. There is direct link provided for the same below. You can also go on the link and get the latest driver update. What this do is scan your intel based system and update the driver. Sometime this utility is just useless which lies in your system tray. It comes in the driver cd itself. It is best support for intel based motherboards or else the same is useless.
    Intel Driver Download Center

The same is found i majority of systems which comes with Intel based motherboard and on notebook also. There is nothing just an update program which is capable of finding drivers for audio, graphics, networking, etc. When you clean format Windows you loose all you driver update. The utility scans for the changes and updates the driver version. Second thing it keeps a track of coming updates that you it download automatically and install in your system so you stay away maximum from hardware issue.

You can manually view the Intel Driver Update Utility page. For that use Internet Explorer. Go on the Driver Utility page and you will get a popup on your screen. You must have enable active x component on your browser. It runs on browser and scans your system outdated drivers. It update them properly and even on reboot continuous the installation. You can simply just run a scan and check for the driver update. It is a very simple to use tool.

You might have heard about Driver Detective tool. It is like an driver update program which scans the system and automatically downloads driver from internet. Driver Detective has its own large database of drivers and unfortunately it is not free. The same is also done my Windows update program. Whenever you face an hardware failure you get an popup for running windows update. If your system does not has a intel based hardware then intel update utility does not work for you.