Thread: Need a Image Viewer for Linux PC

Need a Image Viewer for Linux PC

I need a quick detail on Linux image viewer. Where I can found a free download for that. I have some list of files which does not show a better response on the Linux system. The images are faded. I need some list of software's that I can test on this and use it. Looking for a commercial software will be my second criteria. As you are aware most of the software's for Linux is open source, so my first choice is to for some open source and better tool that can help to view and modify my current images. Some of the images are in raw format, so just suggest an appropriate image viewer that can let to modify those images. Thanks.

Re: Need a Image Viewer for Linux PC

Use Feh. It is a free tool that you can use on Linux. It is considered as one of the best image editors for Linux operating system. You can use this tool very easily with maximum features. It provides you an option to view your images in fullscreen. Other options are that you can view the images in List mode also. So you get more options to play with your images. You an also on the current screen see the slidshow of the images. So those are just the basic things that you can try on the same.

The most famous image editor for Linux is Gwenview. It is a very fast and easy to use tool. It is an easy to use image viewer Gwenview is an image viewer tool. This lets you view your images in KDE, it can open and save all image formats supported by KDE, but also browse GIMP files (. Xcf). In addition, you will be able to edit Exif tags of your digital photos. Remember that it will not replace your image editor, the only manipulation features it has are the rotation and the mirror effect. However, you can manage your images like copy, paste, move, rename, etc. It is an very easy to use tool and free also.

Have you heard about DigiKam. It is an image manager and well manage software for image. It also manages a large amount of image formats that you can try. It is an type of collection tool that manage your photo directors and from that you can then create a dynamic albums. You can provide date, time and tags to those images. you can also zoom the images to create a closer look. The images are well managed in the too. you must try this out.

Try KSquirrel. It is just an image viewer like others and built to work for KDE desktop environment. It has a disk navigator. You can add images from that. It gives you a tree, the thumbnail view and other options. You can try using certain kinds of plugins on this tool and use whatever images you have. It basically supports all types of image format and you do not need to add any other plugin. There are around 50 image formats that this software supports.

I had used Ristretto before. It is a very light software that works smoothly on your system and doe not give any issue. The tool is enough capable of reading pdf files and you do not need to put any additional program in that. The tool has lot more than a normal image editor. The tool is very easy to use and there are ample of support provided on the same. You can view a lot number of files on the same with the tool.