Thread: Zune 4.7: Error message ’Setup must stop because the required package 'Vista MBR Update' didn't install’

Zune 4.7: Error message ’Setup must stop because the required package 'Vista MBR Update' didn't install’

Well i was looking to install Zune 4.7 on the computer of mine because i was looking to sync with the Windows Phone 7 of mine. hence i have installed the Zune 4.7 on the computer. i have also ran the Windows update on the computer. After doing the same i tried to ran Zune program on the computer and prompt with the error message on the screen. It states that ‚Set up must stop because the required package Vista MBR update is not installed’ also i am getting error code 0x8007007E on the screen. Let me know if you are having any solution to solve the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Zune 4.7: Error message ’Setup must stop because the required package 'Vista MBR Update' didn't install’

You have provided all the information regarding the error message which you are getting on the computer. I want to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Let me know each and every detailed information regarding the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? From when you are getting this particular problem? Finally post the log file of the error message which you are getting on the computer.

Re: Zune 4.7: Error message ’Setup must stop because the required package 'Vista MBR Update' didn't install’

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should try to boot into computer into safe mode and then go for the installation of the program on the computer. In order to boot your computer into safe mode you should reboot the computer and start tapping F8 from the keyboard. Now select Safe mode from Advanced boot menu screen. Once your computer is started into safe mode you should try to install the software on the computer.

Well you have mentioned over here that you have ran the Windows update on the computer. So I recommend that you should go for the System restore to solve the matter. I let you know that you should restore your computer to the point where you were not having the issue. Once you have done with system restore you should again try to install the Zune 4.7 on the computer and I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.

I recommend that this particular problem might be occurring due to the improper installation of Zune software itself. Well I let you know that you should try to uninstall the entire software from the computer and restart the computer. Now you should go to the official website download the entire package on the computer. After downloading the same you should install the entire software package manually.

I am suspecting that this particular thing is happening due to the Windows update which you have installed on the computer of yours. Well according to me you should try to uninstall and reinstall the update on the computer. If still the issue is persisting then I am sure that there is something wrong with the program itself and you should contact the technical support team for further help. They will definitely help you out to solve the matter.