Thread: Unable to install Zune software on Windows 7

Unable to install Zune software on Windows 7

Guys I am having a problem in installing the Zune on my laptop, I like Zune software and I am also thinking to purchase windows phone 7 so I need Zune on my laptop I am not able to install it, ihad installed a new hard drive on my laptop and on that I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7. All other softwares are working fine on this plat form except Zune, when I tried to install it given me instruction to restart the system. Zune was working properly on my old hard drive.

Re: Unable to install Zune software on Windows 7

Thank god you have posted this query because I am having the problem in installing the Zune on Windows 7. I searched a lot about it on google and found one solution recommended by many users i.e Unzoone and I tried it, it completey removed all the zune related things from system. And after that when I tried to reinstall the software on my computer I got the message Zune software is up to date, that software is not installed on my system. Please suggest some solutions.

Dude don’t use Unzoone that is out of sate and can cause some problem to your software and system too, You should a registry cleaner, I will recommend you Ccleaner which is free and very safe compared to others. Its basic purpose it to remove tmp files when start your system. I think it will work for you and if it doesn’t use powerful cleaner like Macecraft’s JV16 that is also free but always take back up of registry if you are using this one.

Thanks for posting this thread I am having the same issue with my system, I had done similar kind of search on Google and I used Unzoone and it had given me the same result like above users, I was getting message “Zune software is up to date” when I tried to install the software. And after reading this thread I tried both the registry cleaner Ccleaner and JV16 both fixed registry problems in my system except for Zune. Is there any other way? Please help.

Well guys this might be because, there are some more installation files that need to be installed so download Zune package from Microsoft site then follow this steps
    1> Click on start button and then open run.
    2> There “Drag and drop” the “ZunePackage47.exe” in Run box.
    3> Then Run program will give the path of that file Like in C:\[some patch]\ ZunePackage47.exe after getting that in Run click on Ok.
    4> And just follow the messages and you get the additional files and folders on desktop.
    5> And now again in ‘Start’ in ‘Run’ type ‘cmd’ and in cmd type cd\ and press enter.
    6> Now enter the path of .exe file and press enter.
    7> You will get a message to uninstall Zune just follow the instruction and restart the system then try to install Zune again. Hope this will work for you.

That is really amazing nobody have given me solution for this problem on Microsoft forums and also on other tech forums sites, Thanks for providing me the solution I have tried all the above given solution and faced the same problem again as above users also said, but finally with that last solution I get rid of that issue now I installed the Zune software on my system. Guys it wouldn’t be possible without your help, So thanks a lot, this site is really amazing.