Thread: How to get rid of “C00D0BBE Zune can't verify usage rights” error on Zune?

How to get rid of “C00D0BBE Zune can't verify usage rights” error on Zune?

I have purchased the Zune HD after the 14-day trial period and yesterday was the last day, and renewed it with a 1 month subscription, and that subscription was shown on my account. But now I am not able to play media files from my Zune-Pass subscription. So using my WiFi network I refreshed the device which was synchronized with the Windows 7 in my system, and now Windows removed everything that was synchronized with the device. I tried few things like reinstalling and done security resetting by the KB article with DRM folder renaming but nothing has worked for me. When I checked on the billing side there is yellow warning mark beside the 1 month pass, but there is no message to specify. And support site is also not working, please help.

Re: How to get rid of “C00D0BBE Zune can't verify usage rights” error on Zune?

Mate according to your post you have tried to resetting the DRM tool and it did not work for you, there is one more technique may be it will work for you. First copy the file and save it to your system desktop then right click on it and select “Run as administrator”. And then try to open or play the songs if they don’t play then restart your system. And after restarting if it doesn’t work then restart your system again and click on F8 and select the booting option “Safe mode with networking”. And now run ResetDRM tool as administrator. And play the files and songs. I guess this will definitely work for you.

Well mate I had the same problem but for me ResetDRM component within my Windows 7 solved the problem. First, I had also tried to renaming the folder and it did not worked for me because I did ResetDRM tool from Microsoft but without resetting the system. Now, what I done ie first uninstalled the Zune software and from Zune datastore cleared the Appdata folder and after restarting the system in Safe mood I ran ResetDRM.exe and that had done the trick for me.

Dude even I did the same thing + some additional steps like ai removed the local profile datastoreunder AppData in Windows 7 for Zune and I have also removed my system from Zune pass account as a device. But I have been to that one change of device till the Zune pass expiration. Main thing is I am able to stream any content but I am not able to download any songs or content. It shows “Yes –expired license (has no usage rights)”. But what is the use of Zune HD subscription if I am not able to download the content. Please help,

Well guys I have some solution for you first you can try by running the resetDRM tool as specified by the above users, But if it doesn’t work for you then Run the media reset tool, for that you have to go to Microsoft official site and search for “Zune media collection reset tool” and after downloading and running it restart your system hope it will work for you. And create new user account and use that user account and if you are able to download from that account and switch too your previous account. Hope one of these solutions will work for you.

This site and site members are really amazing, I have posted same query on many top rated sites but I haven’t got any reply yet but on this site peoples are really very quick. And finally I have got my subscription back what I did was I just moved ALL zune Pass stuff in Subscription folder, and Zune software refreshed subscription as soon as I got my music back into my subscription folder, things started working for me. So guys thanks a lot for your help, this will be also very helpful to others too, Thank you.