Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-04-2011

Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player is making a high pitch static noise

If I am trying to play any movie whether its avi or mkv with Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic, then I am getting a high volume high pitch static noise coming from the speakers and it is too much louder than the current volume setting. It usually happens 1 out of 10 times but other times it will happen continuously for 3-4 times. Does anyone have some suggestions to correct this issue? Thanks
Old 13-04-2011

Re: Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player is making a high pitch static noise

It looks to me that the static noise might be happening with the external mixers and if you are down mixing 6 channel sound to stereo. The problem occurs when you might be using AC3Filter or AC3 filter that is build into media player classic. It might also happen when you turn on the mixer within ffdshow. What you can do is let the ffdshow handle AC3 decoding without any additional options turned on.
Old 13-04-2011

Re: Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player is making a high pitch static noise

Even I get the high pitched noise when the DX is idle and it seems like the analogue sound from an old cheap laptop. I am having Dolby Digital Live output via optical SPDIF. I was assuming that this might be happening because of the microphone enabled but no, everything was disabled and its all 100% digital. So, I cannot get how the analogue noises are making trouble into the signal.
Old 15-04-2011

Try to turn off the CPU power saving in the BIOS and see if that helps. Simply restart your pc and go into the BIOS and then turn off the power saving processor feature that puts it into idle mode. This might be under Config/Power, just search for CPU Power Management, if it is automatic, then try to put it to Disabled.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , ,