Thread: Zune sync error C00D11CD (88982F05)

Zune sync error C00D11CD (88982F05)

Whenever I attempt to sync a few pictures then I can just sync around half in folder and ones which do not get synced contain the error message as C00D11CD (8898F05). These pictures had previously been on Zune except I altered the name of the folder that they were kept in and it removed them and tried to sync them over again. This leads to make the error on around half of photos. Is this only me who faced this problem or there are other users as well who is facing the same. If you know that who can the issue be solved then please share your knowledge with me. I will be glad to have suggestion from you.

Re: Zune sync error C00D11CD (88982F05)

If you are trying to sync more than one small file altogether on the Zune device then it can show you the issues similar to this. Reason for this is that the database which is there on the Zune device is not having the room for added entries and so it is not able to sync them properly. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this problem but it is one of the top reasons that can cause this problem. I hope that this will help you to understand the reason for the problem.

I am very agree with the reason that is given in the above post and I also think the same for this issue. But there is one workaround that you can do to solve the problem. All you have to do is just remove the entries from the database. To perform that, you will have to remove as many small files as possible for example; you can take out the pictures as well as podcasts. Once you are done with that then you can again try to sync that and see if that can be able to sync properly. Please reply whether that helps you to resolve the issue or not.

I would like to tell you that the error is a broad registry error and there are many problems like this on different forums sites that I have seen. According to me software looks to not be capable of locating that file on the computer. You can confirm by going to folder to observe if the file really exists. If not then you will have to acquire it back (by restoring library if it come as of marketplace otherwise rip the CD again otherwise download it again). Other than this, , there might be a corruption within registry files in Zune Program files. Let me make out if you obtain to this point.

After reading all the posts, I can only predict that the problem is with the firmware update. You might be using the outdated firmware or the firmware that I installed in your case is corrupted. My suggestion to you is to update the firmware fro zune to solve the problem. In my case, I am having the version 4.1 and I am not getting any problem like this. I have read somewhere that if you want to sync otherwise download recent update then you will have to update the firmware on regular basis.