Thread: WDDM service not running

WDDM service not running

I am having the Windows version 5.1 installed in my computer. From last three days it is showing me some problem. Whenever I start my computer then it shows me the message that says "WDDM service not running". I am not able to understand that what is the problem with this and what does this message mean. I am new to computer world and so I find it hard to solve the problem. If anyone of you can please provide me some solution for this issue then this will be really helpful for me. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this question.

Re: WDDM service not running

All you have to do is to uninstall and install the WD Smartware in your computer and see if that works for you. If you want to do that than just Launch WD Smartware as of the virtual CD and go to the "Extras". Now you have to Launch "WD SmartWare Uninstaller". One thing hat you will have to keep in mind that you will have to reboot your computer when you install the WD SmartWare over again. After this the WDDM Service should work again and you should not get that error again.

If you desire to get rid of the Smartware software immediately then you will have to uninstall it. Now you will have to put the service as "Manual" and remove the shortcuts. If you desire to make use of the Smartware software then I am not the most excellent person to inquire (since I don't utilize it); though, be certain that both services are properly installed as well as started form the service list. They must have "Automatic" as well as "Running" labels.

I experienced the Smartware software and I establish it very deprived as well as impracticable (for my requirements), therefore I imprecise the start type of the two services as of "Automatic" toward "Manual", except I forget to take out the two shortcuts within Startup folder and this reasons the "WDDM service not running" message at set up. When I remove shortcuts then the WDDM message did not pop up some additional messages.

I don’t think that you will have to uninstall WD smartware from your computer.If you found that the WDDM service is not functioning then you will have to just start the service over again. If you want to do that then you will have to go to the start menu and type services. Scroll the services list till you perceive WDDMService. Now just right click on that and choose properties. Go to the "General" tab and from there modify the startup type as Automatic. After that click on apply > Ok. You will not have to restart your computer. I wish that problem will be solved after this.

WDDM service is a service of automatic backup exterior hard drive by means of Western Digital backup software installed. You can obtain this error message because the external is not connected, or because the backup software is not working correctly. If want to use the software and the outside connected and you receive the message, check that the Service is established on automatic, and if that fails unemployment and reinstall the software