Thread: Cannot install Windows Live ID sign-in Assistant

Cannot install Windows Live ID sign-in Assistant

I hope that someone will provide the answer for this issue. All the times, when I attempt to begin my "Games for Windows Live" Client then it says me that If I want to play the Games designed for Windows Software I will need to have the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant and after that it says that the “Do want to view and download the update?” I selected yes and downloaded the Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant. After that, when I tried to execute the sign-in assistant then it again says me that the installation process cannot be completed. I don’t know that what is the problem with that and what is the procedure to solve the issue. If you know the answer then please let me know that. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Cannot install Windows Live ID sign-in Assistant

Can you provide the whole error message that you are getting. Please reply with the complete message in your post so that it will be easier for us to provide you the solution. By the time, I would like to tell you that Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is nothing but the component of Windows Live Essentials and that is not compatible with the Windows XP operating system if you are having that installed in your computer as you have not mentioned anything about the operating system as well.

It might be possible that the computer that you are using is not fulfilling the minimum requirement that is needed to run the Windows Live ID sign-in Assistant and that is the reason that you are facing the problems like this. Anyway if you want then you can check the System Requirement section of this article and see if your system meets the minimum requirements for that. At least this will keep you away from the possibility that the system configuration is low as needed.

If you are not able to solve the problem then you can go through the steps that are mentioned here to solve the problem. Just go through the steps below and see if that can help you.
    1. First of all, go to the control panel.
    2. Now open Add or Remove Programs section.
    3. Now uninstall the all Windows Live software from there.
    4. Go to this link and install that over again.

If you are not able to install that in normal windows mode then you can try to install that in safe mode and see if that is getting installed in that mode. I am saying this because I have seen many of the application that can be only installed in the sage mode. It might be the same for the Windows Live ID sign-in Assistant. Once you are completed with the installation of that successfully in safe mode then you can boot your computer in normal Windows mode and then use it without any of the problem.