Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot update to Silverlight (kb2416427)

Windows Software

Old 11-04-2011

Cannot update to Silverlight (kb2416427)

Friends, Last night I was attempting to update the Silverlight (kb2416427) to my computer. Download was on the progress but suddenly it shows me the message which says that ?Download Failed?. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with that and how can it be solved. I tried to update that many of the times but all the times it comes up with the same thing. Other than this, I also don?t know much about the Silverlight. If you know that how can I update it without that failed message then please post it over here. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2011

Re: Cannot update to Silverlight (kb2416427)

The cause that you are not able to install that is the graphics card is not correct kind and the CPU speed is too sluggish. You can end the update as of showing the Microsoft Update site as well as run Custom Scan (NOT Express scan). After it gives you results click the Silverlight so it took it up where it provides the particulars of the update. Click on + sign and it will expand it. At the base of the details, you will see the check box that says "Hide this update" and cancel update through running one more scan otherwise clicking on one more update. I don?t think that you will get that gain when downloading the updates.
Old 11-04-2011

Is that the only message that you are getting when you try to download that on your computer. Check that if you are able to install other updates. So reply with the answer in your next post. Other than this, I would like to tell you that Silverlight is a influential expansion platform intended for making engaging, interactive user practice designed for Web, desktop, as well as mobile applications when online otherwise offline. I would propose that you manually download as well as install the newest edition of Silverlight 4 and ensure if it works.
Old 11-04-2011

I cannot predict the reason behind the problem that you are facing while downloading the updates but as you told that you don?t know much about the Silverlight then I would like to tell you that it is an application framework designed for writing as well as running rich Internet applications, by means of features as well as purposes akin to those of Adobe Flash. The run-time environment intended for Silverlight is accessible like a plug-in meant for nearly all web browsers. While early editions of Silverlight focused on streaming media, present versions hold up multimedia, graphics as well as animation, and provide developers hold up for CLI languages with development tools. Silverlight is as well one of two application expansion platforms designed for Windows Phone 7.
Old 11-04-2011

What is the version of the Silverlight that you are using on your computer? My suggestion to you is to uninstall the version of the Silverlight that you have on your computer and install the Silverlight 5 which is having the 40 new features included in that. It also includes the support designed for running Silverlight applications by means of desktop features within browser, dramatic video class and performance perfection, and features that enhances developer productivity.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,