Thread: Different processes along with ccSvcHst.exe consumes CPU

Different processes along with ccSvcHst.exe consumes CPU

Hello friend, I am having the computer which is running the Windows XP SP2 and has Internet Explorer 8 installed in that. I am also having the Norton 360 security software installed in my computer. I observed that the process ccSvcHst.exe is consuming most of my CPU. So I upgraded it to the version 4.0 and after that I found that the Internet Explorer is unstable. Other than this, I found that there are many of the processes which are consuming CPU and it shows me high CPU issues. I am very much frustrated with this and cannot understand that what I should do to solve the problem. If you have any idea that how can I be out of the issue then please let me know about that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Different processes along with ccSvcHst.exe consumes CPU

I think that the antivirus that is installed in your computer is not compatible with your computer. This can be one of the possible reasons that your computer is performing slowly or it is consumes more of the CPU. If you want to check that then you will have to disable the antivirus temporarily and see if that is able to free the CPU usage. If that helps then there is only one thing that you can do. Just uninstall that from your computer and install some other on your computer to see if that works without showing you any problem like this.

This sounds more like your computer is infected with the virus and that is the reason that you are getting the issues like this. The best way for you is to scan the entire system with the antivirus that is installed in your computer. It will take some time as it is already consumes most of the CPU. So don’t perform anything while it is doing its work. After the completion of the process, you will have to clean all the files that are detected as infested and reboot your computer. Now see if you are getting the same thing again or not.

I would like to tell you that this is not only you who is getting this problem. There are many of the other users who are facing the same problem. This is the ongoing problem by means of NAV which causes extreme CPU usage while it is updating. This file that you have mentioned (ccsvchst.exe) is added in your computer mechanically while you install the Norton in your computer and that is considered as the Symantec Service Framework. I wish that someone will come up with some good solution for this.

CCsvchst.exe is nothing but the component for Norton Internet Security suite. Ccsvchst.exe is the executable file that comes as of the Symantec Service Frameowrk that is added to the system files each time you install Norton products for example Security Technologies as well as Symantec Event Manager. This procedure cannot be considered as a virus otherwise a Trojan because some users might fear with this. CCsvchst.exe is a completely applicable and lawful file.