Thread: Unable to install Corel Video Studio X3 on windows

Unable to install Corel Video Studio X3 on windows

i am using the windows XP on mine system and mine system works very smoothly without any issue. Yes tardy I have tried to install the Corel Video Studio X3. And I double click the set up file and after that I have accepted the terms and then I hit the next button. While doing this I have got the error saying that “this installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator” and then it stopped the installation. I don’t know why this issue have been popups, can anyone suggest on this and so that I can install this software.

Re: Unable to install Corel Video Studio X3 on windows

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below:
    • Make hit on the start orb and then go to the run.
    • Now under the run type gpedit.msc and hit the ok button.
    • Now on the Group Policy window make hit on the Local Computer Policy and after that select the Computer Configuration.
    • Under that click on the Administrative Templates and after that go to the Administrative Templates and then hit on the Windows Installer.
    • Now under the Windows Installer make double hit on the non-administrators from applying seller signed updates and then make check mark or choose the Disabled.
    • Once you complete this hit the ok button and after that try to install your product.

I have gone through this same issue and I have followed this steps and after that I am able to install mine software. To do this go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make click on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the Administrative Tools and then unlock the Local Security Settings. Now under the setting stroke on the Software Restriction Policies and then under that right click on the Software Restriction Policies and after that select the New Software Restriction Policy. Now under the New Software Restriction Policy make double hit on the Enforcement and then choose the all users except local administrators. Once you finish this select the ok button and then restart your system and after that go through your issue.

According to me you need to install the Corel Video Studio X3 on administrator mode and so that you can solve your issue. If trying to install on your account then you get this issue because expect administrator other account don’t have enough rights. So I would like to suggest you to install the Corel Video Studio X3 on your administrator. Restart your system and now on the login page sign in with your administrator and after that try to install. I hope this will help you.

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestions. I have gone through the all steps but I didn’t have the any solution and I have got the same error on mine system. I have tried to install on the administrator and I got the similar issue on the same steps. I have also checked other threads also but I dint get the any result. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help out from this. Thanks in advance.

I think you should follow this steps and so that you can solve your crisis. To do these follow the steps below. Make click on the start icons on the desktop and after that choose the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the user account and make double click on that. Now under the user account go to the bottom and after that check out your account is Limited Access. If your account is Limited Access and then make it as Computer Administrator and then try to install the software again and this will solve your issue.

After long searching I have found this solution. To solve this issue you need to create the file called reset.cmd. to do this open the notepad and after that under the note pad write the following:
    cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %windir%*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
    secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    Once you complete this save it as reset.cmd and then run this file on administrator account or administrator right account. I expect this will assist you.

I have gone through this same issue and I’d like to recommend you below steps to resolve your issue. Go to start and after that make stroke on the run. Now under the run type: regedit and then hit ok button. Now under the registry list go to this location: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer. Now here find out the Create: DisableMSI text and on that make type as REG_DWORD and then set this value as 0. When you complete this select the ok button and then close the registry window. Now restart your system and try to install.