Thread: Uninstall Imesh search bar

Uninstall Imesh search bar

I have installed the imesh application on my system. It also has a search toolbar even my home page was set to the imesh hompage. i somehow managed to set my homepage back to google. I really want to uninstall imesh from my computer. I am using a windows XP custom made desktop computer. please help me reagrding this matter.

Re: Uninstall Imesh search bar

To remove this application you need to follow the steps which are listed below:
    1. Go to start menu and select control panel.
    2. In the control panel window select ADD/Remove programs
    3. Now search for the Imesh search bar and click on it.
    4. You will see that a button appears on it click the Remove Button.

I followed the steps which you have mentioned but even those steps could not help me. Because when i opened the add or remove program and clicked the remove button it asked me the reason for removing the search bar i specified the reason then it again asks me that uninstall it anyways i click yes but nothing happens please help.

I think that the imesh application is installed on the web browser and assuming that you are using the mozilla firefox browser. If you want to get rid of this application then try to remove the mozilla firefox browser and then install download a newer version of the Mozilla firefox browser and then install it. The imesh toolbar will be removed.

Try to open the location C:/program files/Imesh and check for the uninstallaer there in the folder. Also you might get it in the start menu go to the start menu and then click all programs and select i mesh and in the side menu look for uninstall Imesh click it. This uninstaller will also help you to remove the program.

If all the above methods fails then i would recommend you to download an uninstaller like the Uninstall Master or the Revo uninstaller. These application utilities are very much powerful and capable of removing these unwanted program which are troubling you. Use the link below to download the
    Revo uninstaller
    Uninstall Master

I did the same thing that you all have done and uninstalled iMesh and then uninstalled media 2.0. Didn't work. I finally got it off. This is how:
    On the toolbar there is a favorites tab then on the right side of that toolbar there is an icon that looks like a house. Left click on the drop down arrow. An option you'll see is "remove". Click on this and it will show the iMesh icon. Click on that one. Then you'll get a message that says something like "do you want to remove this search/home page." Click yes. Then when you open up a page it will be blank. So you'll need to go to your preferred homepage and reset it as your homepage. This worked beautifully for me.

Well done cyngnas and all. I had never heard of iMesh until tonight but I sure do know the name now. I dislike programs that take ownership of my PC.
    Here are my steps.
    1) In Task Manager, shut down Imesh as it will not close normally.
    2) In Control Panel, Uninstall as normal.
    3) Go to program files and in the Imesh folder you will find an Un Install file. Execute that.
    4)Scrub your Registry with Norton Utilities or similar.
    5)Re-boot
    It was at this stage I discovered the stinking iMesh search in Firefox. We now have a solution for that.
    I want all evidence scrubbed. I keep a very tidy machine and don't like "hanger on" software.

One last thing.... iMesh......... Get Stuffed!