Thread: How to uninstall DivX Setup

How to uninstall DivX Setup

Hi, I am running Windows XP in my PC. Today morning my younger brother ended up installing an application called DivX Player. He did so to watch some video files. But now I want to delete and uninstall the DivX Player from my system. I am a newbie so I don’t have much computer knowledge. Does anyone know how I can uninstall the Divx player from my system? Somebody please help me. Suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to uninstall DivX Setup

It is very easy to uninstall the Divx player from your system. You can do that in similar way, the way you uninstall any other application. Just follow the steps below to uninstall DivX from your system:Navigate to the following location location:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\program data\DivX\Setup (If you are unable to do so, then just copy the above location and paste it in the navigation toolbar of the My Computer.)
    • Run the setup file, DivXSetup.exe
    • A DivX uninstall window will appear
    • Select all and press ok. This will uninstall the DivX player from your system.

You can uninstall any installed software by going to the Add/Remove Programs. Navigate to the following path:
    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    • Add/Remove Programs window will appear.
    • Select the DivX Player and click Next button.
    • This will uninstall the DivX Player from your system
    Restart your system when prompted. And always remember to perform uninstallation when you have logged in as an Administrator. If you are the sole user then if will prompt whether you want to continue with uninstallation, just select run as administrator and your problem will be solved.

When your brother installed the DivX Player in your system, it must have created Divx folder in the Start/menu. Go to Start > All Programs> DivX Player. Select Uninstall DivX and your problem will be solved. You should probably log in by administrator or you won’t be able to uninstall the Divx Player. If it doesn't work then go the following location and remove the entire DivX folder. Go to C:\program files\DivX and delete it. If you are not able to uninstall the DivX Player then you should try doing it in Safe Mode. Probably that will help you.

You should search for a software called CCleaner on Internet and download it. Install it in your system and run it after installation. You can uninstall the Divx player or any other application by using this software. Or else you should do the System Restore. That will solve your problem for sure. To perform system restore you should go to: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Select the date to which you want to restore your system into and click next. System restore will be performed. Restart your PC when prompted. Hope this will help you.

This DivX Player was seriously giving head ache to me from a long time. It seems like it was not in a mood to leave my computer. Finally with the help of you guys I was able to get rid of it permanently. Tried so much to uninstall it but with no help. Finally I downloaded and installed the CCleaner software as suggested above and it did the trick for me. It works wonder. It can be used for many purposes. Thanks for helping me. Now I can even clean my registry with the help of CCleaner software. Once again thanks a lot.