Thread: Microsoft Paint is missing from accessories

Microsoft Paint is missing from accessories

Hi I am using windows XP in my PC. Until yesterday my computer was working perfectly fine. But when I started it today morning I was shocked to see this problem in my system. My Microsoft Paint went missing from the accessories. I don’t know what must have caused this problem. I tried doing every possible thing I know but was unsuccessful all the time. Anybody knows what must be the reason behind this problem. If anyone any solution then please help me. Suggestions with be appreciated.

Re: Microsoft Paint is missing from accessories

As you said the problem started all of a sudden today morning, according to me your system must have got attacked by virus. You must probably update you antivirus or antimalware and perform a complete scan of your computer. Always remember to keep your antivirus updated and perform scanning of computer after periodic interval of time. It will keep you updated about the health of your system, whether it is attacked by any virus or not.

Thanks for the quick post but sorry to say it did not helped me in any ways. I always make sure that my antivirus and antimalware is always updated. And as my computer is always connected to Internet and I have enabled “Automatic Update” of my antivirus, it is made sure that my antivirus is always kept updated. Also I keep scanning my computer every now and then but luckily no virus is found. I again performed full system scan as you suggested me to do so but still again nothing found. Anybody with any more suggestions, please help.

You can search for recovery softwares on internet. Recuva is one such recovery program which can help you to recovery your lost files. Download the latest version of the Recuva software from its official site and install it in your system. Make sure you have logged in as an administrator so that no problem occurs while you are installing the software. Install the software and start the program by double-clicking on the Recuva icon. Perform recovery and restart your computer when it is prompted.

You should probably try to perform system restore. By doing system restore you can roll back your system to any past instance. Remember that once you perform system restore, all your installed program will be lost, which were installed after the date, to which you choose to roll back your system into. Navigate to the following path:
    Start \All Programs\Accessories\System tools\System Restore.
    Now the system restore window will appear. Choose the date to which you want to perform the system restore. Click Next and leave the rest to the system. The system will automatically perform the system restore. You just have to restart the system when it is prompted. Hope it helps you.

I also have one solution for your problem but you will be needing the Windows XP OS installation CD:
    • Go to Start and then to the Control Panel.
    • Click on the Add/Remove Programs icon to start the Add/Remove Programs Window.
    • On the top-left side of the window select Add/Remove Windows Components.
    • Make sure Accessories and Utilities checkbox are checked when the Windows Component Wizard appears on the screen.
    • After selecting the above two checkbox, click on Details button
    • Select either Accessories or Games and then tick (check) on the items you need to install.
    • When you click next, the additional items which you just now selected will be installed from the on-disk cabinet files or Windows XP OS install CD will be prompted for the same.