Thread: How to avoid PDF files from opening as pictures?

How to avoid PDF files from opening as pictures?

Hello, I have work on a Toshiba laptop. The configuration of this laptop is Intel Dual core processor with 2GB DDR2 RAM and 250GB Hard Disk. I have installed the Microsoft Window 7 operating system on this laptop. The window 7 Operating system I have install is work fine but, whenever I try to open the pdf file in this OS then it will not open this file into the Adobe Reader software. The other programs are works very well but this pdf file cannot open in adobe reader software. What was the problem, can anybody help me to solve the problem?

Re: How to avoid PDF files from opening as pictures?

I also faced the kind of problem before two months ago. In that time, whenever I have try to open the pdf file then, it will not open in the adobe reader software and it’s open as a picture in the Microsoft Picture Manager software. Then I have checked the default open options of the pdf file. Finally I have realized that already I have set the pdf file Open with option on the Microsoft Picture Manager software. So, that is the main reason whenever I have try to open this pdf file into the adobe reader by double click on this pdf file then immediately open as a picture. Finally, I have st this open with option to the Adobe reader software.

As per you mention in the problem you can be try to open the pdf file in the adobe reader but this pdf file open in Microsoft Picture Manager software. So, I think the problem is in the adobe reader software because may be you did not set the type of file opening option at the time of installing the adobe reader. If you do not set this option then you need to uninstall the adobe reader software and then install it in proper way. Then I think your problem may be solved.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time, I have no idea about the virus is infects the driver of the specific software. So, I have work on internet without installing the antivirus and firewall. After getting this problem, I have scan whole system using the quick heal antivirus and surprisingly the problem is to be solved. For getting this type of experience, I think you need to firstly scan the system using some good authorized antivirus and then may be your problem is might be solved.

I also faced the same kind of problem. In that time I have does not know about why this problem is occurred then I have take help of my friend. We are set the pdf files default open options to the Adobe Reader 9 but the same problem is occurred again and again. Then we are scan the whole system but the problem cannot solve then finally we are uninstall the Adobe Reader 9 software and at the time of installation we set the file opening type as pdf file. After installing completely the problem is to be solved and now after double click on the pdf file the file is open in Adobe Reader 9 software.