Thread: Windows Media Center entirely broken and ehRec.exe occupying 50% of CPU

Windows Media Center entirely broken and ehRec.exe occupying 50% of CPU

My windows media center is not working. Partially, but in all probability not all, the difficulty is that ehRec.exe is using 50% CPU, which means that the CPU is completely because I have a dual core machine. Scheduled recordings are not registered. Sometimes I cannot even enter the media center, Becomes unresponsive. Typically, right later than a reboot I can get it, it will start recording if one was pending, but if I can do other things first. It appear that my center of the media immediately kaput.

Re: Windows Media Center entirely broken and ehRec.exe occupying 50% of CPU

I obtain the following inconceivable significance in the event application log
    The description for Event ID (0) in Source (Media Center Scheduler) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You can use the / AUXSOURCE = flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to write the backup file.
    I am not able to understand what kind of error is this? Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you.

Remove any recent update to Microsoft's .NET Framework. I've had this problem more than once. The first time you ended up reinstalling the system. Although, I’d believe the latest .Net framework update was the culprit; I was not smart enough to remove first. This time the search for answers in other places and nobody really had no idea. Then I took off .NET Framework 4 customer upgrade and voila,and then it appears that problem solved. i hope this this will help you to solve your problem, if you have not harassed too much with other parts of the first set. I tried the / sfc scan now solution, but in reality this only works if you have the latest operating system disk.

Apparently, the way of downloading these updates .NET Framework is important. I do not be acquainted with the solution to make sure proper installation of new updates, but I know the problem of 50% CPU is solved each time by deleting the last update. Hope this helps someone. I've certainly spent enough time and lost enough time to disable Microsoft Update functioning of my computer. Unfortunately, the solutions are trying to seal the providence of our albums. I lost 15mos of business report in my email folders in March as of my stupid effort to decide this issue after an earlier one.

I learned you cannot reinstall Windows Media Center the hard way. A turn out my last record was in 11/28. I guess I have not been watching much lately because I started to notice the problem recently. In fact the problem is only noticed when observing the performance task manager. I could have had a virus. I installed Norton Anti-virus at the time, to replace another unsuccessful anti-virus I obtain from my cable supplier.

Hello I hope this will help you please follow the following steps. We should approved XP disc to entire sfc scan. For that you have to set windows media center receiver service to local only if it’s available. Then after that click on Start and in that type services.msc and press enter button. Then you will appear list of services from that click on "Windows Media Center Receiver Service". Following that you have to change the startup type to automatic and then click on start button. After that hit on the log on tab and choose local system account. After doing all this press ok to apply the modification and restart your system. And if the issue is persists then check it.