Thread: Does my MSN Messenger is crashing due to power outage

Does my MSN Messenger is crashing due to power outage

I am using the windows XP service pack 3 on mine system and I have installed the windows live messenger on mine system. Last due to the power cut mine system was shut down and during this time I on the windows live messenger and other program as well. Today when I log in to mine system I got this error: “Windows Live Messenger has encountered a problem and needs to close”. And it is crashing on start-up. Now I am not able to use the MSN messenger and I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone solve this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this.

Re: Does my MSN Messenger is crashing due to power outage

I would like to suggest you the following things and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through some steps below: first open the windows explorer to do this go to the start and then make hit on the computer. Now under the explorer go to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings and then maker hit on the all numbered folder and then make hit on the Reg file named in UTL and make sure that this file is REG_SZ Type. Now on the data you get the email address next to "<msnobj Creator=". Under here delete the saidUTL reg key and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system restore and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below.
    • First make stroke on the start icon on the desktop and then go to the all program.
    • Now under the all program go to the accessories and then make hit on the system tool. After that make hit on the system restore under system tool option.
    • Now under the system restore applications enter the date before issue encountered and then enter the all other details.
    • Once you complete the entering the dates now make hit on the next button and then make hit on the system restore.
    • Once you complete the system restore now restart your system and then go through you issue.

I have gone through same issue and I have followed the following steps below and it really helped me lot to solve mine issue. To do these follow the steps below. First go to the start and the n make hit on the my computer. Now under the computer make right click on the hard disk under that you have installed the messenger and after that choose the properties. Now on the properties go to the tools and then make hit on the check now button on the error-checking dialog. Once you make the click on the check now you will get the Check disk options application and under that make hit on the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and after that make stroke on the Start. Now make check mark on the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box and after that again make hit on the start. Now once you complete this all restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow the steps below:
    • Make select on the start and then go to the run. Now under the run type cmd and then make hit on the ok.
    • Now under the command prompt type the below and then make hit on the enter 0once you complete the typing.
    • Sfc/scannow
    • Now your system will scanning for some time and after that close the command prompt and then restart your system and then go through your issue.

I think you need to reinstall the MSN messenger and so that you can solve your issue. To do this first you need to uninstall to do this go to the start and then make hit on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the add/remove program and after that select the MSN messenger and then make double click on that and then make hit on the uninstall. Now once you complete the uninstall then restart your system and after that go to some official website and then install the new MSN messenger. I think this will help you lot to solve your issue.