Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove message "To free up disk space outlook express can compact messages"

Windows Software

Old 08-04-2011

How to remove message "To free up disk space outlook express can compact messages"

I am using the computer which is having Windows XP SP3 installed in that. I exercise Outlook Express to access the mail server through POP3 / SMTP. Most of the times I obtain a message which says "To free up disk space outlook express can compact messages" Can you tell me that how can I end the message to come into view? I donít have any idea that why this is coming all the times on the screen and how can I get rid from this. Please reply soon. I will appreciate each reply for this.

Old 08-04-2011

Re: How to remove message "To free up disk space outlook express can compact messages"

The compaction message is comes into view each time you shut Outlook Express. Therefore if you yourself compact the settings then you will not acquire prompted another time in anticipation that you shut OE for another 100 times. Sorry to say that there is no method to modify that. The dbx files require to be compressed. If they are not then they will cultivate to enormous size and after that get tarnished, therefore it is significant to compact on a standard basis.
Old 08-04-2011

Re: How to remove message "To free up disk space outlook express can compact messages"

I am completely agreed with the above post. Within the Outlook Express choose the File, Work Offline. Put the cursor on Local Folders plus choose File, Folders, and compress all. Leave your computer untouched in anticipation that the process has completed. It might acquire sometime and that is totally depends on the size of folders being compressed. After that you require to empty the Recycle Bin as well as run Disk Defragmenter. I wish that this will help you to resolve the problem for you.
Old 08-04-2011

I have some different opinion from the above two posts. I donít think that this is having anything to do with the "close OE 100 times". This is for the reason that I do not have OE installed (XP sp3) and I still obtain it around each 100 times Windows XP boots. Thus physically compressing folders is not seemed to be a suitable option. This is just my opinion about that. May be it helps you but for me I do not believe that this is going to make any change.
Old 08-04-2011

I would like to tell you that it is not possible to you to have the OE not installed in Windows XP. It possible for you that you can remove the access but you cannot remove OE from it. It is nothing but the part of the operating system. You do not utilize OE but if you allow it to compact then do you obtain the prompt again at a few points? If your answer is yes then it is the Windows Search otherwise Nero installed on your machine.
Old 12-04-2011

You can try the steps below and see if that help you to solve the problem.
Click the Start button and select Properties from the popup menu.
  1. Select the Start Menu tab.
  2. Click on "Classic Start Menu" button and choose the Customize button.
  3. Click the Remove button.
  4. Click on "Outlook Express" to highlight it.
  5. Click the Remove button.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,