Thread: No sound with Audio Driver PKG KB888111 for Windows XP

No sound with Audio Driver PKG KB888111 for Windows XP

I am having the Windows XP installed on my computer. It is having installed the Audio Driver PKG KB888111 for Windows XP. After installing that, I found that there is no sound from my computer. I tried to do the hot fix but that was not supported by the service pack 3 that I am having. I am not getting that why it is showing me that problem. If you can provide me any idea that how can this be solved then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: No sound with Audio Driver PKG KB888111 for Windows XP

I think that the installation is not proper in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. My suggestion to you is to install that once again and see if that can solve the problem for you. Before installing that, you should check that the driver is compatible with your system. I am saying that because it might be the compatibility issue. I wish that you will be out of the trouble soon.

Windows XP service pack is having some problem with it and many of the people are facing the difficulty by means of the sound driver. I searched on internet and got that it is healthier for you to install the newest update as of Microsoft which will determine the matter belong to the similar thing. Also it is sensible to download as well as install newest sound driver. Other than this download and install new setup for KB888111xpsp2.exe which may assist you by means of the problem.

It is possible that the sound driver might be having a few difficulties due to which there is no sound for your PC. You be able to install it by means of the driver automated CD specified to you by means of the computer. Take care that subsequent to installing sound driver you reboot the computer. Install sound driver initially after that install additional drivers for the reason that many of the times it might happen that it does not functions if it is not installed properly.

Go to Control Panel and "sound." Choose an event that has a sound associated with it (like "Starting Windows"). If the small '>' or the speaker next to the name of the sound is black, which means that the driver is installed correctly. Click the speaker icon in the tray and make sure he bit into "sound" has a red circle in it that is dumb. If it is gray then that means it is not installed correctly. If black and click the> to play sound. If you do not hear the "silence" on the volume control box, or speakers plugged into the wrong hole in the sound card.

Before attempting to reinstall the drivers, do the following: click Start, right-click My Computer, select Properties, click the Hardware tab and click Device Manager button there. The Device Manager window should open and there are probably some entries in the list with a question mark as its icon or an exclamation point as part of its icon. Seeing something like that?