Thread: Unable to uninstall itunes in Toshiba satellite C660/c660D

Unable to uninstall itunes in Toshiba satellite C660/c660D

I am using a Toshiba Satellite C660/C660D which is running a 64 bit version of Windows 7 OS. I recently tried downloading a 64but version of Apple itunes so that I could easily upload songs and videos in my iPod. But everytime I tried downloading the setup file I was getting this particular message. “This installation package cannot be opened. Verify the package extensions…”. Now I am trying to uninstall the itunes but I am unable to do so. Anyone have any solution then please help me.

Re: Unable to uninstall itunes in Toshiba satellite C660/c660D

You should probably check whether the downloaded file was corrupted or not. Did you download it from the official website? Are you running the administrator profile? If yes only then you can install any application. And if you really want to delete those installed file then I would suggest you to do system restore. Go to Start > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Select the date and time to which you wish to roll back your system (in your case the time will be anywhere before you started the itunes installation). Remember that all the files and applications installed after this restore point instance will be deleted. Hope it works for you.

Try installing this way.
    • First remove all the Apple stuff that is been installed.
    • Removing & reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, & other application parts for Windows Vista or Wind...
    • Download a used installation file (iTunesSetup.exe) from the official site of itunes or Apple to your hard drive.
    • When you are prepared to put in it, right-click on the file in Windows Explorer & click Run as administrator to start the installation.

Those error messages looked like the files you downloaded are either not done or corrupted. Have you tried downloading those files using download managers and save them first before actually running them? I would suggest you to reinstalling Windows Installer. It might have been corrupted. If you have another account on your laptop then I would suggest you to try downloading the setup file from that profile and then try installing it. Who knows it may work.

I had tried downloading and installing the itunes setup from the official site of Apple itunes only. But i was unable to install it. Then i did as you guys suggested. Logged in from administrator account and then tried uninstalling the corrupted files of itunes and related files. It did worked and i was able to remove all those junks. Finally i reinstalled itunes without any more troubles and now it works perfectly fine. Thanks a lot for your help. You guys were really a life saver.