Thread: Realtek audio hd driver for Asus f5SL running Windows 7

Realtek audio hd driver for Asus f5SL running Windows 7

Hi I am new to this forum. I am using Asus F5SL notebook. I recently formatted my system and upgraded my OS from Windows Vista to Windows 7. But I was shocked to find out that the HD Realtek audio driver which I had installed before is not functioning now. And without the proper sound driver, annoying sounds keep on coming from my speaker. So can anyone help me related to this matter? Does anyone know from where to download the HD Realtek audio driver for my laptop and also which is compatible with Windows 7. Help will be appreciated.

re: Realtek audio hd driver for Asus f5SL running Windows 7

You must contact the retailer who sold you your Asus laptop. And ask them for more help like giving you the sound driver for your laptop which is compatible with windows 7. Or you must contact the nearest Asus center and take help from them about this matter. You must confirm whether the drivers are available for windows 7 running Asus F5SL laptop. I fear you have to uninstall the windows 7 and get back to windows Vista. Hope you get the solution by contacting the Asus support staff or the retailer from whom your purchased the laptop.

If you don’t get any driver CD from the retailer or from the Asus support staff then you can search for the sound drivers of your respective laptop on Internet. Download the latest available sound drivers and install it in your laptop. I would suggest you to do few steps (it sometimes worked for me). Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager and disable the Realtek Sound Driver from the list of hardwares and the restart your laptop. After restarting your laptop will search for the changed setting by itself and try installing the sound drivers.

Thanks for the quick replies but sorry to say they din helped me out in any ways. I contacted the retailer and he was unable to help me with the new drivers for windows 7 running Asus F5SL laptop. I even contacted Asus tech support team but was unlucky there also. They want me to submit my laptop so that they can do the necessary tests and solve my problem, but it will take them more than one week. And I can’t send my laptop to them as I have many important files related to my work in my laptop. I even tried downloading drivers from internet but all the time I was unsuccessful in getting a proper working driver. It is annoying me now. I am feeling like getting back to the Windows Vista. Still if anyone has any suggestions then please help.

Re: Realtek audio hd driver for Asus f5SL running Windows 7

You should try downloading the Realtek Sound driver from the official website of Realtek. After visiting their site, click on the download link. Now navigate to the following path:
    Downloads > Computer Peripherals ICs > PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Software.
    Now accept the specification and select the version of Audio drivers you wish to download for your respective computer or laptop. Download the latest version and after installation don’t forget to restart your laptop. This will surely help you. Enjoy.