Thread: Procedure to link excel to MS access

Procedure to link excel to MS access

Hello friends. I am doing my project for my college. Working for it, day in and day out, I am stuck up in something . I need to transfer my data from excel to Microsoft access to move further in my work . But, I don’t know how to do that as I have never come across such a thing before. A request to my friends, please help me out and let me know the exact procedure, how to do it. Is it really very tough or no need to worry.. Thanks in advance

Re: Procedure to link excel to MS access

Hi. Good to hear you putting up your serious efforts in your project work. Well, firstly I would tell you that if you desire to alter the information in access and use frontend as Microsoft excel then it is going to be very niggling and with heaps of limitations. Considering it other way round, is going to be more meticulous and complicated. So, I would suggest you to think over it before moving on with your project. Just see if there is any other alternative.

Hello friend, I wish you were more precise in your query and would have specified which Office you are dealing with. Anyways, if it is Office 2007, on the top of the table you will see a data tab, left click on that and then have a gaze on the left hand side of the menu options. There you will see the group with the option named get external data. You will also see the button with the name on it as Access. Just click on that and then follow the commands.

The columns of Microsoft excel can be mechanically matched with the access with the help of wizard interface. You can trace the information one by one or else all at once, only when you map the excel sheet to the access field. The settings which are previously saved can be selected and hence you can begin to move the data into Microsoft access. Thus your job is done and you can move forward with your project .

Goin with the basics and following the basic rules, as you don’t know any basics of importing the data into Access, I would like to clarify that do not even think of entering the matter one after the other in a sequential manner. . The solution is to link your open database connectivity accommodating the database and then effortlessly make use of wizard to transfer Microsoft Excel information into it.