Thread: Filter row in a single worksheet

Filter row in a single worksheet

Well I have installed all the previous version of the Microsoft Office on the computer of mine. currently I have installed Office 2007 and I am really love to work on this particular application. I am having large number of data on the one of the worksheet. Also I am having little bit records on the another worksheet. Well I want to separate all this few records from the sheet on which I am having large number of record. Let me know if you are having any valuable suggestion. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Filter row in a single worksheet

Well looking on the matter at a first glance I am thinking that you should try to do vlookup on the sheet using the some unique values which is placed on the both the worksheets. Also if you can tell me about what type of the data you placed on the worksheet then I think it would be really useful to help you out more effectively. So try with vlookup and also post the information regarding the data which you placed on the worksheets.

In this particular situation I want to share something which you can use to get the requirement of mine. well already one user told you to use the vlookup and also you need to place the following formula =VLOOKUP(A:A,Sheet2!A:A,1,FALSE). If there is matching between the values then you will get the one if there is no match then it will show #N/A. finally you need to filter all the matching values and simply copy the same on the new sheet. I am hoping that it will help you out to meet the requirement of yours.

I was having the similar requirement which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. I have done lots of research work on this matter and I have found the following interesting thing and luckily it helped me to get the requirement of mine. I have done following changes in the syntax.
    Code:
    FILTER(Sheet1!A2:AB; FIND("UselessDataString"; Sheet1!W2:W)<>TRUE)
    after doing the above mentioned thing I was able to managed to get the requirement of mine.

I am providing following quick checks which you should consider when you are looking to use the Excel Advanced Filter.
    1. First of all you need to set up the database on the computer.
    2. Now you should set up criteria range which is optional in general.
    3. After doing the same you should set up an extract range which is also optional.
    4. Finally you need to apply the Excel Advanced Filter and filter the unique records from the worksheet.
    5. Once you have done all the above mentioned thing you need to extract all the data to the another worksheet.

I am providing following piece of code which you can use to copy and paste the items on the another worksheet which is being filtered.
    Code:
    Sub get_data()
    Dim wb As Workbook, wbDest As Workbook
    Dim ws As Worksheet, wsDest As Worksheet
    Dim lngCalc As Long
    Dim FoundCells As Range
    Dim FoundCell As Range

Set wb = Workbooks("FY09 SOF")
    Set wbDest = Workbooks("FY09 PR Log Blank")
    Set wsDest = wbDest.Worksheets("Paste all here, then sort")

With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    lngCalc = .Calculation
    .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    End With
    For Each ws In wb.Worksheets
    I am hoping that above mentioned code would be helpful to you.

I am providing following piece of code which you can use to copy and paste the items on the another worksheet which is being filtered.
    Code:
    Sub get_data()
    Dim wb As Workbook, wbDest As Workbook
    Dim ws As Worksheet, wsDest As Worksheet
    Dim lngCalc As Long
    Dim FoundCells As Range
    Dim FoundCell As Range

Set wb = Workbooks("FY09 SOF")
    Set wbDest = Workbooks("FY09 PR Log Blank")
    Set wsDest = wbDest.Worksheets("Paste all here, then sort")

With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    lngCalc = .Calculation
    .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    End With
    For Each ws In wb.Worksheets
    I am hoping that above mentioned code would be helpful to you.

Well I really want to say thanks to all the users who have replied with the possible solution on this particular forum. I have tried with vlookup on the situation of mine and I have successfully got the requirement of mine. it was very smart solution which you have given me to solve the situation. I really want to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to fix the problem of mine. again I want to say thanks to all the guys with replying me with the possible solution. Thanks a lot.

jasonwoolen13 Guest

As for the situation that you have provided over here I am thinking that what you are looking to achieve can be achieved by using the macro. Well in my opinion, should make an attempt to record a macro that you need to see that there are any changes to the PivotTable in which code is generated. Using research needs little bit should add a macro code. I can help if you can provide full details on pivot tables was wanted filter with the same criteria.

richimarker77 Guest

I tried with VLOOKUP on the status of mine and I have success is required to mine. was a very clever solution that I have taken to resolve the situation. I really appreciate your efforts made to solve the problem of mines. again I want to thank all the guys with my answer to the solution.

WilsJackO Guest

I am providing the following quick checks you should consider when you are looking to use Excel Advanced Filter. First you need to set the database on your computer. Now you must set the criteria range is optional in general. After doing the same to establish a range of extract which is also optional.