Thread: I am getting Error code: 0x80070426 while trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials

I am getting Error code: 0x80070426 while trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials

I have installed Microsoft Security Essentials on mine Windows XP system. But when I updating I got this error: “Error code: 0x80070426 “. I'm hoping someone out there definitely hanging trying to help. I have tried to uninstall the all third party programs. If you have the error code, you can search the community for this or pass this along to the Support Team. Microsoft Security Essentials was not able verify for virus & spyware definition updates. I have tried lots threads but I didn’t have the any suggestion on this. So therefore can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: I am getting Error code: 0x80070426 while trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do these follow the steps below: go to start and then make hit on the search. Now on the search type service and then make hit on the ok button. During this time you need to enter the UCA and then enter that. Now on the service program on service make check that your Software Licensing service is started. If that was started then make update your Microsoft Security Essentials. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

Re: I am getting Error code: 0x80070426 while trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials

I have faced same issue and I have followed the some steps here and then its work for me. To perform this follow the steps below:
    • go to start icon on the desktop and then make hit on the run and under the run type CMD and then make hit on the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then make stroke on the enter
      net start slsvc
      exit
    • Once you complete this command the try to update your Microsoft Security Essentials and I hope thi s will give the best result for your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system file checker and so that you can solve your issue. To perform these follow the steps below:
    1. Go to the start icon on the desktop and then make hit on the run program.
    2. Now under the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button.
    3. Now on the command prompt type the following and then make hit on the enter .
    4. sfc /scannow
    5. Now once you complete this command restart your system and then update your Microsoft Security Essentials and you can update without any issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system restore in the safe mode and so that you won’t get the any error during the update time. To do this follows the steps below: Go to the start and then make hit on the search field and after that under the search type system restore and then make hit on the ok button. Now on the search result you will get the system restore program. Double click on that program and then choose the different system restore. Under that enter the date before one week and after that enter the all other date on this application. Once you complete the entering the data now make hit on the next. Once you complete this restart your system in the normal mode and then it will work and your error will get solved