Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Dot Net Framework - Pros/Cons

Windows Software

Old 06-04-2011

Microsoft Dot Net Framework - Pros/Cons

Recently I tried installing few softwares in my system and every time I did that, I was asked to install .Net Framework. But I never installed it because I taught it was not that necessary for my system and it would just take up my disk space and slow my system. But can anyone tell me why is .Net framework required by all the softwares? What it is and why I need to install it in my PC? Please help, It will be appreciated for sure.

Old 06-04-2011

re: Microsoft Dot Net Framework - Pros/Cons

The .Net Framework is a hardware-independent environment which provides you with a complete and reliable programming model to build applications that works the way you want. It has got its own security mechanism; Code Access Security (CAS) and Validation and Verification. By using the ASP.NET technology, the Web developers can create anything from small, personal Web sites to large Web applications.
Old 06-04-2011

The .NET Framework is a software framework for building, deploying, and running Web services and other applications. Dot Net Framework applications are more reliable and secure. You need to install it only if your software requires it or else the application won’t be installed or if installed then it won’t function properly. It consists of a Class Library which supports several programming languages, a Common Language Runtime (CLR) and the ASP.NET.
Old 06-04-2011

The .Net Framework provides a reliable Object Oriented programming (OOP) environment. The .NET Framework CLR does the memory management itself by allocating and freeing up the memory by itself and removing the burden from the developer. The .Net framework is used by most of the applications created for the windows platform. The ADO.NET feature of the .NET Framework provides a set of classes that gives data access services to the .NET programmer. It provides access to relational, XML and application data.
Old 06-04-2011

The .Net Framework is not only for the developers but for all the applications that require the presence of the .Net framework for their smooth functioning. This means that if you remove the .Net Framework from your system and if any other application is dependent on it, then the application will stop working. For example: the Internet Explorer requires .Net Framework to be installed in your system for it to work correctly without any trouble.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,