Thread: Unable to Delete Debug.log file from the Desktop

Unable to Delete Debug.log file from the Desktop

I am having a particular issue on the computer of mine. Well recently I have installed PlayItAll media player on the computer of mine. After installing the same I have noticed that debug notepad icon on the desktop of the computer of mine. When I open the icon I am unable to get anything in the same. I tried to delete the same from the computer but this particular icon reappears on the screen after beginning of new session. Let me know if you are having any idea to meet the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to Delete Debug.log file from the Desktop

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I want to know which operating system do you have installed on the computer. Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Also let me know do you have installed antivirus program on the computer? You should answer the above mentioned thing so that I can tell you from where you can begin the troubleshooting to fix the problem of yours.

I am providing following steps which you can use to fix the problem of mine. You need to click on the start button and go for Start Search box. You need to enter the ‘control folders’ without using quotes.
    1. Now you need to click on the View and click on the ‘Hidden files and folders: Show all files and folders’ checkbox in order to check the same and uncheck the ‘Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)’ checkbox.
    2. Finally click on the Apply button and Click on the Ok button.

Well I am having a specific solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • You need to click on the Start button and go for Run. Now you should enter CMD in Run and press enter.
    • Make sure that you have launched the command prompt with the administrator privileges.
    • Now enter ‘Temp’ without typing quotes and hit enter from the keyboard. You have to search for the file which is having .log extension. You should right click on the same and Click on the Delete from the right click context menu to delete the same.

Well I have seen number of the people who are having the similar problem like you. Also I have done lots of research work on this issue and finally I have managed to find out the root cause of the problem. I have found that this particular problem is typically associated with the Internet Explorer. Such problem is normally occurs when it prompts to install the ActiveX Control when you are visiting any website. Also you can fix the problem by simply disabling the Chat box from the iGoogle. Doing this you will not be able to remove the debug.log file from the desktop.

I was having the same problem which you mentioned over here. well I have tried lots of thing but none of them was helpful to me. Finally I have managed to delete this particular Debug.log file from the computer. You should restart the computer into safe mode and try to delete the file. You should restart the computer and begin to tap F8 from the keyboard. You should select the Safe Mode from the Advanced Boot Menu screen using arrow key. Once the computer is boot into safe mode you should try to delete the file from the computer.

I let you know that it is a log file which is created by the application which you have installed on the computer and according to me it’s not harmful at all. So I think it did not require to delete the file. Rather you can hide the same from the computer. You should right click on the file and go for Properties from the right click context menu. Now you need to look for Attributes and Check Hidden and click on the same. finally click on the Apply button and simply reboot the computer. After doing above mentioned thing I was not having log file on the computer of mine.