Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unexpected error action could not be completed using Windows search

Windows Software

Old 04-04-2011

Unexpected error action could not be completed using Windows search

I had install Microsoft Windows XP which is running on my desktop system. Previously all things were working until I use the search option of my Windows operating it gave me an error saying Unexpected error action could not be completed. Because of this I am unable to search the drives for a file, folder, and picture. Does anyone know how can I be able to overcome this problem? Your suggestion will be appreciated. Thanking you all in advance.

Old 04-04-2011

Re: Unexpected error action could not be completed using Windows search

To overcome with the problem mentioned above kindly follow the instruction given below:
1. Click on start
2. Go to run
3. Type cmd
4. Type regsvr32jscript.dll
5. Press enter
6. Type regsvr32%Windir%\srchasst\srchui.dll
7. Press enter
I just hope that this might solve your problem related to your search option from Windows.
Old 04-04-2011

You can also try upgrading your Windows by inserting the disc in to your CD/DVD ROM. It would automatically detect your CD and run a program on your screen. Select upgrade option and do as directed by it. it would not consume much time of yours to fix the issues related to your search. After getting the upgrade done try rebooting or restarting your system and try if your system is working find or not. I guess this would not create much problem for you and solve your issues.
Old 04-04-2011

If you are able to access your C:\ drive then simply follow the instructions given below:
1. Open My Computer
2. Go to tools menu
3. Select folder options
4. Go to View Tab
5. Select view all folders and files that are hidden
6. Click on OK
7. Now go to C drive
8. Open inf hidden folder
9. Check for srcasst.inf file
10. Right click on it
11. Select install
12. Click on OK