Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error: "Network Connection not functioning properly " while starting Logitech software

Windows Software

Old 03-04-2011

Error: "Network Connection not functioning properly " while starting Logitech software

Yesterday, while I tried to start my Logitech software I received this error message (after having worked well before). I have reinstalled the software and start again the computer, but the trouble continues. I am able to access the Internet without problems. I looked through various publications on this site and cannot find anything that could be a solution, except what I've tried. I am running Mac OS 10.6 and 7.7.0 remote software. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Old 03-04-2011

Re: Error: "Network Connection not functioning properly " while starting Logitech software

Here I also have to add something. I have the same problem, my Internet connection works well, I can surf the web and have no firewall settings that have affected access to the software of harmony in the past. Even the direct web site does not work for me, although I was able to change my password and then access the web interface, but then timed out. Logitech can answer as to whether this is just a system problem?
Old 03-04-2011

Re: Error: "Network Connection not functioning properly " while starting Logitech software

It was a DNS problem that was causing the problem, and you may need to remove or / empty the DNS cache or wait until your ISP updates its DNS to once again access your account. I have established that a few clients may log on to the Harmony remote control software, when others who have make contact with support at a standstill cannot. We will carry on monitoring the condition, but can just be expected if the problem is with its refreshing personal ISP DNS cache.
Old 03-04-2011

It seems to be fixed at least for Comcast in NJ. Now I can get a connection to the website. Would be nice if Logitech updates the software for more clear error messaging so customers can know exactly what is happening. The way it is now, when the harmony website has been reduced, the software outputs deceptive messages that indicate that the problem is with the customer's computer or network connection. A possible result could be that the software should confirm other sites first to see if the difficulty is actually a network trouble in the user's PC or one with the Harmony site. Then the software should detail the accurate situation for the consumer.
Old 03-04-2011

I have too many problems, after spending three hours playing with my router and laptop I thought I would check online and it seems that many people are having the same problem. I have washed my DNS, reset router, etc, etc. uninstalled software installed new software, I am a little tired of trying to resolve this would be good if the error message indicates that you are having problems instead of blaming the team. I hope to be operational soon, just want to program 2 keys, shame need to be connected to the Internet to learn the functions of another remote control!
Old 13-04-2011

Well almost two months since getting the same error. This is true on all computers in this house, and just the Harmony Remote control software is containing connectivity troubles. Myremotesetup site primary warns me about the date of software (in fact just downloaded the Logitech site version 7.7.0) and then says that the routine maintenance. I have my doubts. Since it would be strange that the first time to connect and configure my new harmony away there are problems with the server. Not a good start at all.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,