Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No DTS Sound available on MKV Playback.

Windows Software

Old 03-04-2011

No DTS Sound available on MKV Playback.

Having to cut the audio from DTS to DD (AC3) is not an alternative. That is such as asking people to use only 720p instead of 1080p. We spend $ 300 on this device, over almost all media player box out there and they all do DTS. It?s just Google or Logitech or laziness, they need to solve this problem ASAP! Only allow the gateway with an optical output at least, I mean how hard it is! Please reply on this.

Old 03-04-2011

Re: No DTS Sound available on MKV Playback.

I agree how the review deals with the audio needs to be determined. It's the most disappointing thing to me about the magazine. The best I can tell, the magazine does not pass bit stream over HDMI. This results in having to listen to the audio which is lower than if you listen through a mid-range, even an A / V Sources of 5.1 are tolerable, power 2-channel sound terrible, because the A / V receiver can not apply this treatment as Pro Logic II. The only acceptable work around is to use the fiber optic link and manually switches to PCM to listen to 2 channels and DD when that power is available. As you said, DTS is not available. The audio stream must pass through the receiver's A / V via HDMI, allowing the receiver to decide what type (PCM, DTS, DD, etc) and decode it accordingly.
Old 03-04-2011

I received my HD200 in previous month. At first I had some mistakes with it, but I have worked for most of them using the beta firmware, and find ways to use a password in lowercase. One solution i cannot is that some of my MKV files have no sound. I can play MP3 and other MKV files fine. I cannot figure it out. These identical files play very well with VLC or WMP. I'm streaming from another computer with a wide sweep of great size, not wise to use the software at all.
Old 03-04-2011

There are devices available that permit you to change the DTS audio track in your MKV to AC3. This then allows you to play the MKV Media Player application with sound. I for myself have done this for a few of my MKV files. Who would desire to change AC3 to DTS though? This is an inferior feature of sound. We should not have to demote just, since Google cannot lower your lazy butt resting on piles of money from public who paid $ 300 for a beta artifact and let go a working edition of Media Player.
Old 03-04-2011

Interesting, I'm thinking of buying the new onkyo 606 to connect to my Istar 1.3 with the aim of resolving these problems DTS. Any swing this receiver yet? I'm also hoping to play DTS HD and Dolby HD A / V deal with that solution. I know and found too extreme is that a few features just do not play among dts audio regardless of the hardware you connect. I have DTS-HD mkv (Rambo, the fall) that play great on my panasonic tv (no receiver AV) Others simply do not play DTS sound. I also believe the new popcorn will not differ on these issues.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,