Thread: Getting error message associated with BHO.DLL & IE3SH at the time of start up

Getting error message associated with BHO.DLL & IE3SH at the time of start up

Currently I am using Notebook at my home. Well whenever I boot the notebook on the computer of mine I am getting following two error messages on the screen. It can be stated as ‘This application has failed to start because BHO.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem". The top of this box is titled - "ie3sh.exe unable to locate component’ and the second message can be stated as ‘A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The top of this box is titled - "IE3SH Application has stopped working’ let me know if you are having any fix for the above mentioned two error message. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting error message associated with BHO.DLL & IE3SH at the time of start up

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here. I want to know following things so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem and steps to fix the same. first of all let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer? From when you are getting above mentioned error message on the computer? Finally tell me if you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer?

Re: Getting error message associated with BHO.DLL & IE3SH at the time of start up

I am having a particular solution which you can use to fix the problem. you need to use the following instructions on the computer.
    • You have to click on the Start button and click on Search box and enter ‘regedit’ in the search box and press enter.
    • Now you have to search for the following registry key in the registry editor.
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs
    Now delete the same and see whether there is an issue or not. Make sure that you have back up the registry key so that you will be able to restore the same if something goes wrong.

I recommending the following stuffs which you can use so that you will be able to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to launch the Internet Explorer on the computer and go for Tools. Now you have to click on the Internet Options also now go for the Advanced Tab and simply click on the Restore and click on the Reset.
    • Finally click on the Ok button.

I am hoping that the thing which I have provided over here would be helpful to you.

I am suspecting that this problem is occurring due to virus attack on the computer of yours. So let me know whether you have installed any antivirus program on the computer. If you are not having any antivirus software then go for a good antivirus program like AVG, KIS or Norton. You should install and update the same with the latest virus database signatures. Now perform a virus scan on the computer using the same. After doing the same reboot the computer and let me know whether you are getting any error message or not.

Many times such problem can be easily fixed by doing System Restore on the computer. You should restore the computer of yours to the previously created restore point where there was no problem on the computer. According to me it would be a good fix to solve the problem of yours. System Restore would only work if you enabled the System restore on the computer. I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.