Thread: BTStackserver.exe error while running bluetooth applications

BTStackserver.exe error while running bluetooth applications

Just few days back i had installed r59815 driver on my machine. It's a bluetooth driver along with i had installed my bluetooth applications. Now the problem is that when i go to run something in that folder such as bluetooth neighbourhood is gives out an error message stating that it can not connect to BTStackserver.exe something to do with a COM server. I would like to know what is BTStackserver.exe? How to get rid of this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above problem.

Re: BTStackserver.exe error while running bluetooth applications

The btstackserver.exe process is used by your computer to communicate with bluetooth devices. The BTStackServer.exe is one of the main components of the Bluetooth software installation. If you are not using Bluetooth devices, you should remove BTStackServer.exe by removing BTTray.exe from the startup program list.

The Process Server database currently registers btstackserver.exe to WidComm. btstackserver.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. It is highly recommended to Run a Free Performance Scan to automatically optimize memory, CPU and Internet Settings.

The error message indicates a faulty Windows configuration. The Process Server database is updated often, but inaccuracies may still exist, often caused by viruses named after valid files such as Bluetooth Stack. I think your best option is to re-install Windows on this machine and then need to install the Bluetooth software on it.

This is a bluetooth service, if this is not working then your system cannot communicated with wifi devices. So if this service fails to load or give you error then there are two possibilities. First the service is blocked by any security tool. Second it is corrupted. To fix that you can either run Windows update or simply install the most recent Bluetooth software from the manufacturer website of device you are using.

Just re-install that. The software comes with your chipset cd. Or else you can get a free download from any popular website. Everyday there are certain enhancement added to the new version of drivers. You must keep on checking the same. If the service is corrupted remove it frist from control panel and then install the recent version. This also comes with the disc which comes with wifi device you purchase.