Thread: Running Windows Defender with McAfee Internet Suite

Running Windows Defender with McAfee Internet Suite

I had installed McAfee Internet Security Suite on my home desktop system for which I have 3 years subscription. I had also installed spyware protection software which is Windows Defender. My question here is can I turned on both together for my use or will there be any conflict between the two? Will it use extra RAM space? What should be recommended by you all? Your answer will be appreciated. Kindly help!!

Re: Running Windows Defender with McAfee Internet Suite

Since it is good to run an additional anti malware program (in your case Windows Defender) as running both can have some real time problem and cause conflicts between the two. But, it will be causing conflicts in few cases as windows defender can running smoothly along with other security programs. So, according I should suggest that you should be both of the programs. And, if any problem arises you can switch off and on any of the programs you required. Need to be cautious if you are running both together as both will get conflicted between each other.

Try enabling and disabling of the two programs as you can you can run any one of the program at a time. For disabling your Windows Defender follow the instructions given below:
    1. Click on start
    2. Go to all programs
    3. Go to accessories
    4. Right click on command prompt
    5. Run as administrator
    6. Type sc config WinDefend start =”disabled”
    7. Press enter

You can also try running MalwareBytes anti malware applications. But prior to that you will need to disable your McAfee in the first place to avoid any conflicts between the two programs. Steps of it are given as follows:
    1. Open McAfee
    2. Click on home under common tasks
    3. Select computer files
    4. Select configure
    5. Disable Virus, Spyware, System Guards and Script Scanning protections by clicking on the buttons of it.
    6. Click on next
    7. Select Never on when to re enable real time scanning
    8. Click on OK

You can try online scan for any malware or spyware programs whenever the need arises or as you want to schedule it. To run this you can easily log on their website and easily scan your system using the applications. I am saying you this as when you will run both the software for scanning malicious activity or infected files it will end up using large part of your RAM which will make up your system running slow as no one would want to be in that state. So whenever you want you can scan your system online.