Thread: How to change Bitlocker pin without having Administrator privileges?

How to change Bitlocker pin without having Administrator privileges?

As the title suggest what I am going to ask over here on this particular forum. I am repeating the query of mine again. Well I want to know how I can change the Bit locker Pin on the computer without having any administrator privileges. Another thing I want to know where is the pin stored on the computer? Let me know if you are having any clue to meet the need of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies for the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to change Bitlocker pin without having Administrator privileges?

Well according to me I think you need to write the windows service and also there should be a program which should interact with the service which you have created. So that you will be able to launch the Bit Locker program on the computer. We know that service are running in the system account and program is need to be launched with the highest rights. So I am sure that one should have administrator privileges to get the requirement.

Looking at the situation I am having a specific solution to change the Bit locker pin on the computer. You need to wait till the anti-hammering lockout period is gets expired. If you are trying to enter personal identification number consistently for the short interval of the time then it might increase the TPM lockout period. You will not be able to get the access to the computer if you have TPM locked out even you have entered the correct Pin. So it is the best solution to wait until and unless the TPM lockout period is get expires.

I think you should try to fix the issue by using the BitLocker Recovery Console in order to get the access on the computer. When you get any error message on the screen you should Press Esc from the keyboard so that you will redirected to the BitLocker Recovery Console. You should insert the flash device which is containing the BitLocker recovery key when it is requested. In case you are not having BitLocker recovery key and simply press enter from the keyboard. And simply enter the BitLocker recovery password for the same.

Well you should try to Reset the TPM lockout period by simply using Microsoft provides programming. You can also use ResetAuthLockOut function in order to reset the TPM lockout period. In order to sue the same you are required to use Windows Vista DVD and simply boot the computer of yours into the Windows Recovery. Make sure that you are having the TPM owner password in order to use this particular method to reset TPM lockout period.

If you are wanted to copy or change the Bit Locker keys then use the following instruction on the computer.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel. Simply go for Security. You need to click on the Bitlocker Drive Encryption. If you are requested to enter the Administrator password then simply enter the same.
    • Finally you should click on the Manage Keys and use the instructions which are provided.

I know something about this particular matter and I want to share with you all guys. BitLocker stores is having its own encryption as well as decryption keys. It stores all the keys into the hardware device which is named into Trusted Platform Module security hardware. It is a specially designed microchip which is provided on the latest version of the computers in order to support for the Advanced Security Feature. It is not stored on the hard disk. However you will be able to access the same using the BIOS of the computer.