Thread: ATI driver are unstable after the reboot

ATI driver are unstable after the reboot

I bought 6 series card XFX 6870 1GB few days back form shop. Before that I have 5 series card of XFX. With it I am running catalyst drivers 11.4 before and 11.6 some days back. With those drivers my graphics card running with no issues. Everything was fine. Performance of card is also good. When I got my 6 series card. I have uninstalled all the ccc package and driver. Also uninstalled graphics card drivers. After that I have shut pc down installed my latest graphics card in system rebooted system installed the CCC. After that when I started the pc. My pc gets unstable. Everything was not responding. When I tried to start Internet Explorer 9 it causes random atikmdag resets. Sometimes it will cause crash with 0xA000001. It runs games perfectly. Can anyone provide solution what is actually happening to system?

Re: ATI driver are unstable after the reboot

You can try to troubleshoot the problem. Please follow what I am saying. You have installed the new driver version 11.6 it can have problems while you installed it. So first uninstall your drivers. Give one restart. Then try to install the new drivers with clean install. And again restart your system. Now try to run the system it will solve your problem. Other solution I am providing is that try to remove your graphics card and again attach correctly. Since sometimes such a problem occurs because graphics card not attached correctly. So check if it perfectly attached.

My friend also faced such a problem few days back. But the problem is with his graphics card and not with the drivers he is using. Your graphics card may be faulty by default. Check whether it is not a faulty card. So try to contact your hardware vendor from where you purchased the graphics card. It’s defective card. Now the browsing the internet also uses hardware accelerator. IE 9 also uses hardware accelerator. Also many of other browsers uses hardware accelerator.

I am also having the XFX 6 series graphics card. And few days back I also faced such a problem you are saying. Since it is 6 series card it needs extra power connector. I am facing such a problem with my system due to I am not attached my power connecter to graphics card perfectly. So try to check that the power cord is connected to graphics card perfectly or not. If it is not connected then connect it. It will solve your problem.

I am using XFX 5 series graphics card. As my knowledge says the 6xxx card requires more power consumption. And requires good power supply unit. How many watts power supply you have? To run this card it must has more than 500 watts power supply. To work this card perfectly and smoothly. So if the power supply is not more than 500 watts try to buy good power supply which provides more than 500 watts. As power supply unit must be of good quality which send good power with no fluctuations.

Check the BIOS version of your Graphics card. Check the version. If you don’t have the latest version. Then due to this also such a problem occurs. So try to update the bios to latest version .you can do this by checking vendor’s site for you it is AMD and XFX. Download the BIOS from then and update it .it will solve your issue. If nothing happens then post a ticket on XFX they will provide you solution. And have you over clocked your graphics card or motherboard. Over clocking which fails will cause such a problem also so try to check it in BIOS that nothing is overclocked