Thread: Cannot uninstall Catalyst Control Center

Cannot uninstall Catalyst Control Center

I was attempting to update the drivers on the computer of mine. But due to unknown reason I was not able to locate the Catalyst Control Center. Well when I have attempted to do the so it was prompting an error message on the screen. I want to uninstall the old version of the program and wanted to install the latest version of the driver. Let me know if you are having any fix to solve the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Cannot uninstall Catalyst Control Center

I am not having any idea why this particular problem is occurring but I can let you something which would be helpful to improve the knowledge of yours. You know that Catalyst Control Center that is CCC is the part of the ATI video card driver package. In more specific terms I should say it is a part of the utilities bundled which is provided along with the drivers. It significant feature is to customizing the display or simply setting the hotkeys for the various kind of the display profiles. If this particular utility is being installed on the computer then Program Files\ATI Technology directory would show the legit process on the computer.

Well I let you know that you will be able to get rid of this particular CCC.exe utility by simply moving to the Control Panel of the computer of yours. You can remove the same using the Wizard of the computer. You should see that you are looking to remove the ATI Catalyst Control Panel. Also you are not wanted to remove the display drivers from the computer. Once you have removed the CCC.exe utility from the computer you should reboot the same.

I am not having any idea why this particular problem is happening in the situation of yours. But I think I am knowing something which you can use to kill the CCC.exe utility on the temporary basis on the computer. You need to create a new shortcut using the following location of the file. You should copy paste the following thing in create shortcut wizard in to the Type the location of the item field.
    Code:
    taskkill /f /im ccc.exe
    also you can placed the same thing in to the Startup folder also.

I am providing very extreme steps which you can use if all the above mentioned solutions are not working for you at all. This particular thing would be useful in the scenario where you looking to have all the ATI stuff installed on the computer excepting the CCC.exe. you need to simply rename the file with the CCC.bak instead of CCC.exe. this thing would make the process running but it would make the thing which is going to break which you are trying to use. Also try all this thing by disabling the System Tray.

If all the above mentioned things are not useful to you then I am thinking that you have to use some third party application which you should use to uninstall this thing. If third party applications are failing to do so then you need to contact the ATI for the same. According to me they are the only people who are supposed to help you out in this situation. Let me know whether ATI has helped you to fix the problem or not.