Thread: Will system restore help to bring back lost email files?

Will system restore help to bring back lost email files?

Hey guys I usual use Outlook to send and receive emails to any recipient as it helps me to much faster way so as to send and receive files from anywhere at any time. It also helps me to store the emails that I have received to any particular folder of my choice and can even access the same within a minute of a second. Now the problem that has occurred is that I have lost all the emails that I had stored, due to some kind of a pop up that would always come up asking me to compact the emails, but I would always ignore the same and hence have landed into trouble so can someone help me to know that whether the restore option will help me to get all the emails back or not.

Re: Will system restore help to bring back lost email files?

I don’t think so that restoring would help you to retrieve all the emails that you have lost, the emails that you have lost are lost for good and there wouldn’t be any way available as such so as to get the emails traced back. Restoring only restore the files that you had previously saved or you can say that you had done back up off, since you might not have done the back up of the emails so I don’t think so that there could be any way as such to get all the emails back.

Where have you saved the emails like have you made a folder and then saved it or it was just lying as it when received through the outlook? And how is it possible that suddenly the folders or the emails have lost. What I think that it might be misplaced by someone and if you really remember the name which you had given to this folder then I would suggest that you should search for this file through the start menu option, by providing the name, if you are lucky enough then you will be able to get the file retrieved.

Hey I don’t know whether it will this will work for the emails or not but you can make use of the Recover My Files software that might help you in recovering all the files that you have lost. You can easily download the software from the web and install the same on your system and then when you run this software just make sure that you look for files with .bmx extension and see if you can get all the files to recover, if you are lucky than you can get all the emails traced back.

I also don’t think so that there would be any use so as to get the emails back until you have made a back up copy of the same in the system, since if you have kept the backup copy of the same on your hard disk than you can go to the start menu and then select system tools and from there you can choose the system restore button and you will be able to retrieve the files that you have previously lost, so sorry dude its was your bad luck that you have lost all the files.