Thread: Netflix instant play movie shows error message #1001

Netflix instant play movie shows error message #1001

I just purchased a new system for home mine and I have installed Netflix in it. It was working fine for me but from last two days whenever I have been attempting to observe an immediate play movie from Netflix, and then it give me error message #1001. As per the Netflix there is a difficulty through Microsoft light. I uninstalled and then reset up. But it was not helped me. I am running on windows vista. So if you have any kind of experienced related this error then, please post your suggestion on the same forum.

Re: Netflix instant play movie shows error message #1001

Have you attempted simply remove set up of Sliverlight and running the movie that method? You may require using machine restore if you be acquainted with at what time you set up Silverlight. If you do not know the time you can select Control panel and go inside the Programs and Features, then locate silverlight and confirm the date next to it. I hope this information will help you. After trying it post your result.

I was had the similar kind of problem and no one appeared to be equal to help but I found the solution. For that you have to do something this. First download the program {“REVO UNINSTALLER”} you can use Google or do a search for “Revo uninstaller” to find the download. After it downloads to your organism, run the program. The uninstaller will record everything in your machine and ask what you wish for to uninstall. Look through and locate the “Microsoft silverlight”. The uninstaller will draw up the whole thing holding silverlight and inquire you to select which ones to erase. Tick on select all. Remove all that was dragged up. Then go reverse to Netflix and attempt to observe an instant movie. I am sure it will help you.

I had the similar kind of error code 2105 at what time attempting to play immediate movies from Netflix. Then immediately it shows this error massage. But as per my friends recommendation I fixed it through simply uninstalling silverlight via add and remove programs and then set up it once more from Microsoft and “Not from Netflix”. No require for your machine restore or Revo. I am confident when you try it will able to solve your problem.

I found this through a search, I just started having the same problem with Netflix instant play, and have tried everything I've found (including what is here) I realize this topic is old but did anyone find any other ways to fix it?
    I hae WINXP (I.E.8) and have had Netflix for many years. The instant play was working fine, all of a sudden I just got a black screen when putting it on. Blank, nothing loading, nothing ever happened. I searched about this and learned it uses Silverlight, and all the suggestions for this. I have uninstalled it (with and without REVO uninstaller) I get a "cannot load movie ERROR 1001"... I tried installing a previous version of Silverlight (since my instant play HAD been working) and Netflix said I had to have the newest version. I have installed Silverlight directly from their site, and also from the link that Netflix puts up. If I try playing a movie without Silverlight installed it says I need it and gives a link. I have checked to make sure ActiveX is enabled, and Netflix (and the instant play page) are in my "trusted" zones.
    Right before it stopped working, my Avast Anti virus updated and put some sort of "anti virus" toolbar up that said it "checks CLOUD" I thought that might be it, and took out AVAST and it still didn't work. I put in AVG free anti virus after this.
    It seems to have stopped working after the Avast updated (auto update, just said it was updatting as it did occasionally, then I noticed the new toolbar)
    I don't know if this is a clue, but I removed Avast (using Revo uninstaller which I usually use anyway) and it still didn't and that's when the problems started.
    Oh, I have another WinXP computer (with I.E.7) that is older, in another room, connected with an ethernet cable (as a home network) and Netflix Instant play still works on that one. But, it's an old small screen, and the one I want it to work on has a bigger screen (and two monitors) I liked watching movies on one screen while doing other thing on the other. I am paying for Netflix instant play, why can't they make it easier to do use it without being a computer tech- and even they don't seem to know!
    I haen't called Netflix.. after reading all the people asking online, saying Netflix doesn't help, just refers people to Microsoft, who doesn't help or wants to charge for this. Netflix says (with the error) to click their HELP page but just has something abuot not having the right fonts intalled if you use a MAC (I don't use a Mac and have the fonts on my PC)
    Seems like there is a solution, just have to find it?
    Anything new on this problem?

okay, later... after several weeks of off and on trying to fix this and looking all over the internet, and mainly finding other people with the same problem. I tried every suggestion given. Some had worked for others (but not me)
    the remody given by Netflix when it happens (besides calling them) .. it says something like Mac users might not have the proper fonts installed. I don't have a Mac, and Netflix had worked for me for years, so I didn't relate to this. Today I was trying everything (again). I uninstalled Silverlight, went over and found everything related to it (in SEARCH) then, after reading a post online about the fonts, I took out and reinstalled some of the fonts. Most of the time I just drag fonts into the folder and don't "install" them (register them) but the basic fonts were already in there with Windows. What I put in (again) were Times (new Roman)Takoma, Marlett, Arial, and Verdana. After this I looked for an older version of Silverliight (though I had tried this before and Netflix said I had to update it). The one I put in is 4.0.60831.0 from oldversion. (gave the link but says I'm not allowed to post links unless I have over 50 posts, but it's aneasy site to find. I'm not sure if this is the oldest version, on this site it said it was the most popular. Netflix didn't object and say it had to be updated. So, I reinstalled some of the basic fonts, and put this version of Silverlight in and.... it worked! No error, no updating, etc. I don't know why it stopped working a few weeks ago (starting with a blank,black screen, then the error message, etc) and not sure what fixed it, but telling about it in case it might help someone. Maybe whatever font it needed somehow got "unregistered". I read so many people looking for answers about this, some had fixed it in various ways, some tried it and it didn't work. It's kind of misleading, the Netflix site indicates it is only Macs that have the font problem. And, of course, there's the idea that Netflix instant play worked fine for me up until a few weeks ago.