Thread: use office 2007 upgrade on new computer

use office 2007 upgrade on new computer

I had a computer that had office 2007 starter on it when I bought it. I then bought office 2007 pro upgrade for that computer. I now have a new computer that came with office 2010 starter on it. My question is can i use the office 2007 upgrade discs on the new computer?

Re: use office 2007 upgrade on new computer

Yes, you can install the office 2007 on different computer but you will have to first uninstall it from the first pc according to the EULA terms. Uninstall Office 2007 from your system. In turn reinstall Office on the system which you want. Please read the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) should you have any questions. The EULA will answer all specific questions. Please repost should you have any questions. I will include the directions for telephone activation should you encounter any complications.

“Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.

2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next

3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.

4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.

5) Click “Next”.

6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

I cant uninstall it from the old one it is junk.....

Have you tried to use the microsoft fixit from the below link?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 (MicrosoftFixit50154.msi)

There is a tool to download from Microsoft (a souped up version of the older Windows Installer Clean Up Setup. It may help to uninstall the office 2007 from your old computer.

The old computer does not run.

Well, can you tell us why the old computer is not working on? As per the Eula Terms, you cannot use one version of ms office on multiple computers, but as far as you say, you want to use it on your new computer, then you can use it on the new pc but try to follow the rules. In anycase, you could ask microsoft online support whether it is liable or not.